RV Dumping Stations in the City of Greater Sudbury
Recreational Vehicle (RV) wastewater dumping is available at three locations in the City of Greater Sudbury:
- Valley East Wastewater Treatment Plant, 9999 Yorkshire Drive, Val Caron;
- Chelmsford Water Pollution Control Plant, 265 Laurette Street, Chelmsford; and
- Sudbury Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1271 Kelly Lake Rd., Sudbury.
The Sudbury Plant location on Kelly Lake Rd. is open 24/7 for 365 days a year.
We would like to remind citizens that the Recreational Vehicle (RV) dumpsite locations are all at active City of Greater Sudbury wastewater treatment facilities. In order to minimize the risk of injury to our citizens we would request the following:
- If any issue arises, such as a spill, a question or other unusual circumstance, please call 311 and ask to speak to the Wastewater Overall Responsible Operator (ORO).
- Only those involved in dumping the RV tank shall exit the vehicle. That person is to remain in attendance and monitoring the tank dump for the duration of the dump.
- Non-potable flushing water is provided as weather permits (i.e. during cold weather the water is turned off) but this water is not drinkable.
- Please ensure only toilet and sink/shower waste is dumped into the wastewater system. A proper amount of toilet waste deodorizer is permissible but at no time shall items harmful to the wastewater treatment process be dumped. These items include but are not limited to toxic chemicals, fats/oils and greases, “flush-able” wipes or other debris not considered human waste.
Your cooperation in protecting our plant and the environment is appreciated!
During the off-peak season, the two outlying dump sites are open between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday to Friday, weather permitting. Please contact 705-674-4455 extension 3600 to make an appointment during this time of year, or if you have any questions.
Between May 23 and October 10, 2017, the hours of operation at both Valley East and Chelmsford are as follows:
- Sundays: Noon - 7:30 p.m.
- Mondays to Thursdays: 8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Closed on Saturdays and weekends that coincide with a statutory holiday.
No appointment is necessary at either location.