City Council adopted the City of Greater Sudbury’s Customer Service Strategy in 2018 with the goal to build and enhance the organization’s capacity to provide great customer service every time.
The City’s customer service vision is to foster and build a service-focused culture with empowered employees who know what to do, how to do it and who go the extra mile to provide a positive customer service experience.
Customer service standards ensure that citizens receive consistent and timely service from all staff, building toward the City’s goal of creating a consistently positive customer service culture.
Minimum standards during customary business operations:
Telephone Response Standards
- All telephone calls will be returned within two business days
- If a full response or resolution is not available, a call will be placed to the customer within two business days to acknowledge and provide information on their request, with a reasonable and appropriate timeline for full response.
Email Response Standards
- Customers will receive a response to emails within two business days.
- Emails that cannot receive a full response within two business days will receive an acknowledgement and a reasonable and appropriate timeframe for full response.
- All mail that requires a response will be responded to within 10 business days from day of receipt, or an interim communication explaining the reason for the delay will be provided to the customer.
- Citizens at the front counter will be served as promptly as possible.
Residents also can call 311 where friendly knowledgeable Citizen Service Representatives can answer questions, submit service requests or report issues to City departments. The 311 Call Centre is open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.