The City of Greater Sudbury is committed to and will continue to work towards making its facilities, programs and services accessible to all citizens. Over the past several years, there have been a number of improvements made to the accessibility of our municipality including:
- working with staff to identify strategic pillars and barriers to accessibility within the municipality;
- a new accessible washroom at the Sudbury Community Arena;
- installing fully accessible play structures and working to improve waterfront and shoreline access to community lakes;
- development of the Multi-Year Strategic Accessibility Plan.
Accessibility Advisory Panel
The Accessibility Advisory Panel provides insight to municipal staff on matters related to the accessibility of municipal services, programs and facilities as required under the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2001 and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Accessibility Plans, Reports and Policies
- City of Greater Sudbury Corporate Accessibility Policy (PDF, 78 KB)
- City of Greater Sudbury Accessible Customer Service Policy (PDF, 108 KB)
- Use of Service Animals and Guide Dogs in City of Greater Sudbury Facilities Policy (PDF, 70 KB)
- Recreation Program Accommodation Policy - By-law 2019-94 (PDF, 333 KB)
- 2018 Municipal and School Board Election Post-Election Accessibility Report (PDF, 577 KB)
- 2018 Municipal and School Board Election Pre-Election Accessibility Plan (PDF, 485 KB)
- City of Greater Sudbury 2017-2021 Multi-Year Accessibility Plan (PDF, 341 KB)
- City of Greater Sudbury 2019 Accessibility Status Report (PDF 161 KB)
- 2017-2018 Greater Sudbury Transit Accessibility Plan (PDF, 417 KB)
Requesting an Accessible Format or Communication Support
Greater Sudbury Transit
Did you know that every vehicle in Greater Sudbury’s conventional transit system is fully accessible?
The goal of GOVA Plus is to provide transportation to persons whose disabilities prevent travel in conventional transit vehicles either some or all of the time. This service is funded by the City of Greater Sudbury and user fees