The City of Greater Sudbury is working towards making its facilities, programs and services accessible to all citizens. We have made a number of improvements to the accessibility of our municipality over the past several years, including:
- working with staff to identify strategic pillars and barriers to accessibility within the municipality;
- a new accessible washroom at the Sudbury Community Arena;
- installing fully accessible play structures and working to improve waterfront and shoreline access to community lakes;
- development of the Multi-Year Strategic Accessibility Plan.
Accessibility Advisory Panel
The Accessibility Advisory Panel provides insight to municipal staff on matters related to the accessibility of municipal services, programs and facilities as required under the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2001 and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Accessibility Plans, Reports and Policies
- Recreation Program Accommodation Policy - By-law 2019-94 (PDF, 333 KB)
- 2018 Municipal and School Board Election Post-Election Accessibility Report (PDF, 577 KB)
- 2018 Municipal and School Board Election Pre-Election Accessibility Plan (PDF, 485 KB)
- City of Greater Sudbury 2017-2021 Multi-Year Accessibility Plan (PDF, 341 KB)
- City of Greater Sudbury 2019 Accessibility Status Report (PDF 161 KB)
- 2017-2018 Greater Sudbury Transit Accessibility Plan (PDF, 417 KB)
Greater Sudbury Transit
Did you know that every vehicle in Greater Sudbury’s conventional transit system is fully accessible?
Greater Sudbury first introduced its Handi-Transit system more than two decades ago. Our Handi-Transit system now runs fully parallel to the City’s conventional transit system.
For more information, comments, questions or concerns relating to accessibility please contact:
Tel: 705-674-4455 extension 4209
Mail: Clerk’s Services PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady St.
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, P3A 5P3
All City Services: 3-1-1