The City of Greater Sudbury is working towards making its facilities, programs and services accessible to all citizens. We have made a number of improvements to the accessibility of our municipality over the past several years, including:
- working with staff to identify strategic pillars and barriers to accessibility within the municipality;
- a new accessible washroom at the Sudbury Community Arena;
- installing fully accessible play structures and working to improve waterfront and shoreline access to community lakes;
- development of the Multi-Year Strategic Accessibility Plan.
Accessibility Advisory Panel
The Accessibility Advisory Panel provides insight to municipal staff on matters related to the accessibility of municipal services, programs and facilities as required under the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2001 and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Accessibility Plans, Reports and Policies
- Recreation Program Accommodation Policy - By-law 2019-94 (PDF, 333 KB)
- 2018 Municipal and School Board Election Post-Election Accessibility Report (PDF, 577 KB)
- 2018 Municipal and School Board Election Pre-Election Accessibility Plan (PDF, 485 KB)
- City of Greater Sudbury 2017-2021 Multi-Year Accessibility Plan (PDF, 341 KB)
- City of Greater Sudbury 2019 Accessibility Status Report (PDF 161 KB)
- 2017-2018 Greater Sudbury Transit Accessibility Plan (PDF, 417 KB)
Requesting an Accessible Format or Communication Support
Greater Sudbury Transit
Did you know that every vehicle in Greater Sudbury’s conventional transit system is fully accessible?
The goal of GOVA Plus is to provide transportation to persons whose disabilities prevent travel in conventional transit vehicles either some or all of the time. This service is funded by the City of Greater Sudbury and user fees
The City of Greater Sudbury welcomes comments on our provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities. Your feedback and comments help the City identify where changes need to be considered and ways in which we can improve the delivery of municipal programs and services and improve the accessibility at our municipal facilities.
All feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review, action and response if requested or required. In addition to this form, feedback may also be provided in the following ways:
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- calling 705-674-4455 ext. 4209;
- in person at Tom Davies Square or at any Citizen Service Centre; or
- regular mail to: Clerk's Services, PO Box 5000 Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, ON P3A 5P3
Please use this form for accessibility related comments and feedback only. For all other inquiries, comments or concerns please email email@example.com or call 3-1-1.