Provincial Offences Office
The City of Greater Sudbury Provincial Offences Office is located on the main floor of the Provincial Tower at 199 Larch Street and is open by appointment only, Monday to Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Provincial Offences are non-criminal charges primarily laid by police, enforcement agencies and city by-law enforcement. Charges issued under the Provincial Offences Act (POA), include but are not limited to; driving offences, trespassing, liquor licence, and by-laws such as noise and animal control; along with other contraventions including hunting and fishing infractions.
The City of Greater Sudbury Provincial Offences office is responsible for administering charges laid under these statues. The Office’s responsibilities include:
- Handling general inquiries about Provincial Offence fines.
- Processing Provincial Offences charges.
- Accepting fine payments for Provincial Offence charges.
- Scheduling trials and management of the courtrooms.
- Accepting filing of Provincial Offences Act matters including re-openings, motions, and extensions of time to pay.
- Enforcement and collection of unpaid fines.
Please be advised that the Provincial Offences Office cannot provide legal advice or advice regarding the options available to you for resolving your ticket.