The City of Greater Sudbury's tax department operates within the finance division and provides the following services:
- Bill and collect property taxes
- Administer provincially-mandated tax rebate programs
- Administer municipal property tax programs
- Process property tax adjustments
Pay Your Tax Bill
You can pay your property tax bill at Tom Davies Square or take advantage of many other convenient options available to you. Pay your tax bill
Calculate your property taxes
Use our Tax Calculating Tool to see what your property taxes are and get a breakdown of how your tax dollars are spent. All you need is your address or roll number.
Get your account balance
You can get your payment history and an account balance by calling 3-1-1, or by visiting your nearest Citizen Service Centre. Please have your roll number (found on your tax bill) ready.
Get your tax bill online
A new service for paperless property tax billing is coming in 2024.
Previously, property tax bills were delivered to registered customers through Canada Post’s ePost service. ePost was discontinued in December 2022.
The City of Greater Sudbury is working on a new solution to ensure taxpayers will have a paperless option for receiving their property tax bills. Please stay tuned for updates on where and how to sign up for this new service.
Contact the tax department
- Call Centre - Local: Dial 311
- Call Centre - Long Distance: 705-671-2489
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 705-671-9327
- In Person: First Floor, One-Stop Services, Tom Davies Square, 200 Brady St., Sudbury
- Mail: City of Greater Sudbury Tax Department
PO Box 5555, Station A,
Sudbury, ON, P3A 4S2