COVID-19 Update – Oct 2021
The front counter at the Recycling Centre is open Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to noon for the purchase of backyard composters, kitchen collectors and Big Blues.
Blue boxes and green carts are available for home delivery by placing an order through the Waste Wise app, online at www.greatersudbury.ca/wastewise or by contacting 311 by phone or Live Web Chat (311.greatersudbury.ca).
The Reuse Center at the Sudbury Landfill is open. The Household Hazardous Waste Depot is open. The schedule for drop-off days can be accessed through Waste Wise or by contacting 311. The Toxic Taxi will continue to operate for contactless home collection of residential household hazardous waste. To make an appointment, residents can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-560-9019.
Landfill sites remain open with limited capacity. Residents should be prepared for longer than usual wait times. The City has set up a live camera at the Sudbury landfill site so that residents can see how busy it is before they make the trip. The live feed is available at www.greatersudbury.ca/landfill-livestream.
Use our Waste Wise tool below to:
- Get your garbage, recycling, leaf and yard and green cart pick up schedule.
- Find out what items need to go in your blue box, green cart, leaf and yard or garbage.
- Make a request for a large furniture or appliance pick-up.
On the go? Download our Waste Wise App!
Find out what goes where and get updates on your mobile device for:
- pick up day reminders,
- changes to collection schedules,
- Household Hazardous Waste Depot dates and more!
The app also gives you information on:
- landfill and recycling centre location and hours,
- how to book an appointment with the Toxic Taxi and
- where to purchase bag tags for extra waste.
How to set up and use the Greater Sudbury Waste Wise App
Get the Waste Wise app on Google Play or the App Store. Search for “Greater Sudbury Waste Wise”.