The following types of items are recyclable:
- Aseptic and polycoat containers (juice boxes/milk cartons)
- Cardboard and boxboard (remove all plastics and flatten to 30"x 30")
- Clear and coloured glass containers (no broken glass)
- Disposable aluminum foil, plates and trays
- Metal and cardboard food and beverage cans (tuna, juice cans)
- Paint and stain cans that are empty and dry (lids removed)
- Empty aerosol cans
- Plastic containers #1, 2, 4, 5 and 6. (Number 3 and 7 plastics and plastics without numbers are not recyclable)
- Rigid foam packing and containers #6 (no foam peanuts or flex foam)
- Non-treated paper bags/gift bags (remove strings/hard plastic handles)
- Plastic bags (no zippers and remove paper receipts). Place all plastic bags in one bag, tie and place inside the Blue Box.
- Paper, books, magazines
Do not bag recyclables. Place items in the Blue Box loosely. The two exceptions are shredded paper, and styrofoam. These items can be placed separately in clear plastic bags.
Find Out What's Recyclable
Use our Waste Wizard tool to get further instructions on these and other items that are recyclable and how to recycle them properly.