Find Out What's Recyclable
Use our Waste Wise tool to help you figure out what can be recycled.
The following types of items are recyclable:
- Aseptic and polycoat containers (juice boxes/milk cartons). Rinse and remove straws.
- Cardboard and boxboard (remove all plastics and flatten to 30"x 30")
- Clear and coloured glass containers (no broken glass). Rinse all glass containers.
- Disposable aluminum foil, plates and trays. Rinse all items.
- Metal and cardboard food and beverage cans (tuna, juice cans). Rinse all containers.
- Paint and stain cans that are empty and dry (lids removed)
- Empty aerosol cans
- Plastic containers #1, 2, 4, 5 and 6. (Number 3 and 7 plastics and plastics without numbers are not recyclable). Rinse all containers.
- Rigid foam packaging (no foam peanuts or flex foam)
- Non-treated paper bags/gift bags (remove strings/hard plastic handles)
- Plastic stretch bags (no zippers and remove paper receipts).
- Paper, books, magazines
Do not bag recyclables. Place recyclable materials loosely in your recycling bin. The two exceptions are shredded paper and rigid foam packaging. These items can be placed separately in clear plastic bags.