COVID-19 Update – February 12, 2021
The stay at home order will end for Greater Sudbury on Tuesday, February 16. Based on the current local situation, Greater Sudbury will enter the Orange-Restrict stage of the Province’s COVID-19 response framework.
The front counter at the Recycling Centre will reopen on Tuesday, February 16. The counter will be open Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to noon for purchase of backyard composters, kitchen collectors and Big Blues. Payment by credit or debit is encouraged.
The Recycling Centre will not be distributing blue boxes or exchanging damaged green carts. Residents are asked to place an order on the Waste Wise app, online at www.greatersudbury.ca/wastewise, or by contacting 311 by phone or Live Web Chat (311.greatersudbury.ca).
To view the live feed at the Sudbury landfill site, visit www.greatersudbury.ca/landfill-livestream.
Find Out What's Recyclable
Use our Waste Wise tool to help you figure out what can be recycled.
The following types of items are recyclable:
- Aseptic and polycoat containers (juice boxes/milk cartons). Rinse and remove straws.
- Cardboard and boxboard (remove all plastics and flatten to 30"x 30")
- Clear and coloured glass containers (no broken glass). Rinse all glass containers.
- Disposable aluminum foil, plates and trays. Rinse all items.
- Metal and cardboard food and beverage cans (tuna, juice cans). Rinse all containers.
- Paint and stain cans that are empty and dry (lids removed)
- Empty aerosol cans
- Plastic containers #1, 2, 4, 5 and 6. (Number 3 and 7 plastics and plastics without numbers are not recyclable). Rinse all containers.
- Rigid foam packaging (no foam peanuts or flex foam)
- Non-treated paper bags/gift bags (remove strings/hard plastic handles)
- Plastic stretch bags (no zippers and remove paper receipts).
- Paper, books, magazines
Do not bag recyclables. Place recyclable materials loosely in your recycling bin. The two exceptions are shredded paper and rigid foam packaging. These items can be placed separately in clear plastic bags.