The City of Greater Sudbury only collects recycling from multi-unit residences if there is an agreement in place and an annual fee is paid.
Multi-unit properties are grouped into what is known as a high density residential sector. It is made up of residential buildings that have more than six units that people rent for longer than one month. These can include:
- apartment buildings
- condominium complexes
- townhouse complexes
- row housing
- co-operative housing complexes
- mobile home/trailer parks
Information for Property Owners/ Managers
Waste collection agreements with the City are divided into three categories—Curbside, Otto Carts and Front End Containers - based on how the waste is collected. Below you will find resources and additional information.
- Greater Sudbury's Recycling Guide - Poster (PDF, 1,702KB)
Set up a recycling collection agreement
You will need to enter into an agreement with the City which will:
- Outline the services that the City will provide under set terms and conditions.
- Outline your obligations as a property owner.
If you are interested in setting up collection at your multi-unit property, please contact 311.