Accessible Bus Features
Three new buses have been purchased through a cost-matching agreement with the Canada-Ontario Public Transit Infrastructure Fund (PTIF).
New features include:
- Wider aisles in the Priority and Courtesy seating areas near the front of the bus, providing more room for passengers with wheelchairs or scooters to maneuver into position.
- Passengers using wheelchairs or scooters will also benefit from a safer rear-facing seating position and a time-saving one-strap safety restraint system.
- This seating area is clearly identified to remind passengers that it is reserved for persons who need it most.
- Priority seating automatically folds up when not in use to make room for two wheelchairs and/or scooters per bus.
- All buses have low floor entries, automated ramps and audio-visual next stop alerts.
Greater Sudbury Transit welcomes feedback about the new bus design.
- Email email@example.com
- Call 705-675-3333
- Speak with staff at the Downtown Transit Centre