Persons with disabilities can enjoy a refreshing swim in Ramsey Lake at the Bell Park Beach with the help of Mobi-chair, a floating wheelchair that provides a seamless transition from hard surface, to the beach, and into the water.
How does it work?
Mobi-chair users are secured in the chair with a harness to ensure their safety. The Mobi-chair works like a wheelchair and floats in the water. Both adults and children can use the Mobi-chair. Learn more about how the Mobi-chair works.
Reserve the Mobi-chair
- You can reserve the Mobi-chair during the summer season while lifeguards are on duty at Bell Park Main Beach.
- There is no fee to use the Mobi-chair. You can reserve it by calling 705-674-9116.
- The chair is available for 1.5 hour time blocks, between 11 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. each day, with the last swim ending at 7 p.m.
- When you reserve the Mobi-chair you also get use of a specially modified change room at the Bell Park Main Beach where you can securely store mobility aids and personal belongings. The change room offers a lift and table for the transition to the Mobi-chair and has accessible washroom facilities.
- Mobi-chair users must be accompanied by an attendant during transfer to and from the Mobi-chair and while in the water.