Residents seeking information or requesting municipal services can rely on friendly and knowledgeable Customer Service Representatives at the City of Greater Sudbury 311 Call Centre.

• Each year, 311 processes over 200,000 phone calls and close to 10,000 email inquiries.
• Customer Service Portal offers customers a new and convenient way to request municipal services.


Customer Service Portal: Register to submit requests, questions or concerns 24/7.
311 Live Chat: Mondays to Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
311 (local) or 705-671-2489 (long distance): Mondays to Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
After Business Hours: Dial 311 to speak with a live operator for urgent matters related to municipal infrastructure, dogs and cats.

Register Today for Customer Service Portal at 311.greatersudbury.ca

  • Request municipal service online 24/7.
  • Receive email or text updates to track progress.
  • Find information about most requested municipal services.

Request: Request a municipal service or report an issue from your mobile or desktop. Twenty-eight online service requests are now available, including pothole reports, curbside collection of household waste, by-law enforcement and more. New online services will be added regularly.
Work: Work will proceed on your request. Estimated times to complete or respond to your request will vary based on type of service.
Update: If you register, we’ll send your choice of email or text updates as work is assigned, scheduled and completed. You can also send updates related to your request or answer any questions we may have to serve you.
Help us improve: Once your request is resolved, you have the option of submitting feedback through an online customer satisfaction survey.

How to Use the Customer Service Portal

How Can We Help You?

The Customer Service Portal is available 24/7 to request municipal service or information for the following topics. Additional municipal services are available by Live Chat, telephone and email.

Property Standards By-law
Zoning/Non-Permitted Use
Clearing of Yard By-law
Missed Collection
Blue Box / Green Cart Request
Waste Disposal - Special Support Programs
Parking & Traffic Enforcement
Parking Meters/Pay Stations
Dog Off Leash
Dog/Cat Not Registered
Animal Noise
Number of Permitted Pets Exceeded
Animal At Large/Found
Prohibited or Restricted Animals
Stoop and Scoop (Excessive Dog Waste)
Feeding of Wildlife
Plowing Roads
Plowing - Sidewalks and Stairs
Cul-de-Sac/Dead End Plowing
Snow Plowing and Sanding (Arenas)
Property Damage by Plowing
Slippery/Icy Roads and Sidewalks
Potholes, Heaves & Dips
Plowing - Laneways and Municipal Lots
Street Name Signs (Broken, Missing, New, Existing)
Drainage/Water Ponding/Flooding
Curb Box/Stop
Fire Hydrants

Dial 311 for After Hours Service

The City of Greater Sudbury maintains an answering service to take your calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Dial 311 to speak with a live operator outside of regular business hours.

Public Works will respond after hours to urgent matters related to municipal infrastructure including:

  • Flooding
  • Sewer back-up
  • Water main breaks
  • Traffic light malfunctions
  • Debris on the road
  • Raised or collapsed maintenance holes

Animal Control Officers will respond after hours to urgent matters related to dogs and cats including:

  • Dogs running at large contrary to by-law
  • Dogs running off-leash on public properties contrary to by-law
  • Vicious dog
  • Injured stray dog or cat
  • Excessive noise from dog or cat

311 representatives will log your complaint and direct it to the appropriate party based on time of day, severity and type of issue.

Other Important Phone Numbers

Police, Fire, Ambulance emergency: 911

Conservation Sudbury (overland flooding): 705-674-5249

Public Health Sudbury & Districts: 705-522-9200

COVID-19 Assessment Centre: 705-671-7373

Union Gas (emergencies): 1-877-969-0999

Emergency Locates Ontario One Call: 1-800-400-2255

Greater Sudbury Hydro (emergencies): 705-675-7536

Hydro One (outages and downed power lines): 1-800-434-1235