When to Call 911 versus 311

911 is for emergencies only!  Call 911 if you need immediate Police, Fire, or Medical assistance.

Examples of when you should call 911 include:

  • Life-threatening or hazardous situations
  • Crimes in progress
  • Impaired driver
  • Vehicle collisions with personal injury, property damage, or traffic tie-ups on major roadways. For minor vehicle collisions, call the Police non-emergency number at 705-675-9171.

311 connects you directly to municipal information and non-emergency services.

Call 311 for:

  • Information on City services or to report an issue
  • Information on local emergencies (status updates, service delivery)
  • Any other non-emergency inquiry or request for City services

Non-Emergency Phone Numbers

•    Police: 705-675-9171
•    Fire Administration: 311
•    Ambulance Administration: 311
•    Health Sciences North (Hospital): 705-523-7100
•    Public Health Sudbury and Districts: 705-522-9200