When to Call 911 versus 311
911 is for emergencies only! Call 911 if you need immediate Police, Fire, or Medical assistance.
Examples of when you should call 911 include:
- Life-threatening or hazardous situations
- Crimes in progress
- Impaired driver
- Vehicle collisions with personal injury, property damage, or traffic tie-ups on major roadways. For minor vehicle collisions, call the Police non-emergency number at 705-675-9171.
311 connects you directly to municipal information and non-emergency services.
Call 311 for:
- Information on City services or to report an issue
- Information on local emergencies (status updates, service delivery)
- Any other non-emergency inquiry or request for City services
Non-Emergency Phone Numbers
• Police: 705-675-9171
• Fire Administration: 311
• Ambulance Administration: 311
• Health Sciences North (Hospital): 705-523-7100
• Public Health Sudbury and Districts: 705-522-9200