Contact Animal Services

Greater Sudbury Animal Shelter

Contact the Greater Sudbury Animal Shelter for questions or concerns about:

  • adopting pets
  • lost or found pets
  • surrendering pets
  • emergency shelter for animals

Animal Control By-law Compliance and Enforcement

Contact Greater Sudbury By-law Compliance and Enforcement by dialing 311 for questions related to the Animal Control and Care By-law such as:

  • pet limit
  • noisy pets
  • outdoor pets
  • roaming pets
  • improper pet care
  • pet waste concerns

Report Animal Cruelty or Neglect

Contact the Animal Welfare Services (AWS).

Report Animals on City Streets

To report injured or potentially dangerous cats and dogs roaming at large or dead animals on municipal roads, contact the City by calling 311. After hours call 311 then press 6 to reach the City of Greater Sudbury's call answer service. 

Report Dead Animals on Provincial Highways

Contact the Ontario Ministry of Transportation at 511.

Report Wildlife Issues

To report a bear, nuisance beaver, injured wildlife or other wildlife issues, visit our Wildlife page for more information.