The City of Greater Sudbury has a new feature to provide safe, clean drinking water to local events. Our H2O to Go Water Buggy is a mobile water distribution system that you can rent for local events during the summer.
Bring your own refillable water bottle and fill it with clean drinking water from the water buggy. The water buggy can enhance your event in many ways:
- It holds 1,400 litres of water, has eight water fountains and eight bottle fill stations
- A built in chiller to keep the drinking water refreshingly cold
- It is accessible to children and people with disabilities
- It is a pet friendly, and water bowls are provided for family pets
- It can be hooked up to a municipal water supply for continuous service or the stainless steel tank can be delivered with a full tank and re-filled if it’s running low
- It is available to all sites with or without water/power services
- It is environmentally friendly; the water pump is operated by electricity from solar panels and it helps keep close to 3,000 plastic bottles from our landfill sites
- It can also be used in emergencies to provide safe drinking water
Book the H2O to GO Water Buggy
You can book the water buggy for your event:
- Available any day of the week (May-August)
- Operating hours between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Events that fall outside these dates may not be available due to weather conditions and staffing
- Reservations for the water buggy are on a first-come, first-served basis. Multiple applications for the same date will be first come first served.
To book or inquire about the H2O To GO Water Buggy:
- email H20togo@greatersudbury.ca or
- call 705-674-4455, extension 3600
- All applications are for reservations.
Water Buggy Rental Fees
- Non profit: $265 per occasion
- Profit: $595 per occasion
- Payment will be due within five business days of your application being completed.
Pay in person:
Water/Wastewater Services Administration Building
1800 Frobisher St.
- Cash, Cheque, Debit, MasterCard or VISA are accepted
Pay by phone:
- Pay with your MasterCard or VISA by calling 705-674-4455, extension 3600
Water Buggy Event Instructions
- We will deliver the water buggy to the event site at the agreed upon time.
- We supply two attendants who will keep the buggy clean, filled and tested.
- If there are any questions or concerns please speak to the staff attendants on site.