Recreational Vehicle Dumping Stations
The Sudbury Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1271 Kelly Lake Road, is open to recreational vehicles 24/7 for dumping of tanks. The facility is open seven days a week, 24 hours/day.
The Valley East Treatment Plant and Chelmsford Water Pollution Control Plant are permanently closed.
New Items to expect in 2022
A payment system has been installed. Users can now use a credit or debit card to pay a $15 fee to dump their tanks into the treatment facility, which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- If you have any issues, please call 311 and ask to speak to the Wastewater Overall Responsible Operator (ORO).
- Only exit your vehicle if you are dumping the recreational vehicle (RV) tank. You must monitor the tank dump the entire time it is emptying.
- Non-drinkable flushing water is provided as weather permits. During cold weather the water is turned off.
- Please ensure only toilet and sink/shower waste is dumped into the wastewater system. A minimal amount of toilet waste deodorizer is allowed.
- Never dump items harmful to the wastewater treatment process such as toxic chemicals, fats/oils and greases, flushable wipes or other debris not considered human waste.
Your cooperation in protecting our plant and the environment is appreciated!
Call 311 for any questions.