Water Filling Stations
You can get municipally treated drinking water for free at four filling stations in the City of Greater Sudbury. Just bring your own containers and fill them up!
Residential Water Filling Station Locations
- Bay Street in Whitefish,
- Countryside Drive in Sudbury, near the Gerry McCrory Countryside Sports Complex,
- Bancroft Drive in Sudbury, near Moonlight Beach Road, and
- Spruce Street in Garson.
Bulk Water Filling Stations
You can purchase water in bulk quantities from pre-paid filling stations. This service is available to residents and businesses.
How to Get Started
- Get a bulk water filling card to access the bulk water stations.
- You can buy a filling card at the City of Greater Sudbury's Frobisher Depot located at 1800 Frobisher St. (2nd floor), Sudbury, Mondays to Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bulk Water Fees
2018 fees are:
- $50 to set up your account and for a filling card
- $2.74 per cubic meter for water
- $20 to replace a prepaid filling card
Bulk Water Filling Station Locations
- Black Lake Depot: 25 Black Lake Lively, ON
- Suez Depot: Just past 5081 Capreol Rd. (Regional Rd. 84) Hanmer ON.
- Northwest (Rayside) Depot: 101 Radisson Ave. Chelmsford, ON
- St. Clair Depot: 733 St. Clair St. Sudbury
- Frobisher Depot: 1800 Frobisher St. Sudbury
For more information call 705 674-4455, extension 3655 during regular business hours.