Your Water Bill
A Breakdown of Your Water Bill
The water portion of your bill is based on how much water you have used which is taken from a reading of your water meter. You can control this part of your bill by reducing how much water you use.
The water fixed charge stays the same each billing period. This gives the City a stable source of annual funding to cover the costs of maintaining water supply and delivery.
Your wastewater rate is expressed as a percentage of:
- how much water you consume and
- the water fixed charge
The wastewater rate is not based on the amount of water leaving your property.
Get Your Water Bill Details Online
You can register online with Greater Sudbury Utilities to receive your water/wastewater account details such as:
- View current rates
- View your current balance/bill
- Pay your bill
- View previous bills
- Submit your meter reading
- View transactions
- View a graph of your water consumption for the past 24 months
- Compare your water usage to last year
To register you need your account number and the total amount due on your last bill.
Do you have a water leak? Here's how you can tell
Water Bill Complaints and Adjustments
How to Reduce Your Water Bill
The part of your water bill that you can control is based on your water consumption. Fixing leaky faucets and being mindful of your water consumption can help reduce this portion of your water bill.
- Perform a water audit to find out how much water you use.
- Turn off the tap when brushing teeth.
- Have showers instead of baths.
- Properly insulate hot water pipes and heaters.
- Install low-flow shower heads, toilets, and faucet aerators.
- Check for leaky toilets and faucets and fix immediately.
- Choose low-water/low-energy washing machines and dishwashers.
- Buy indoor plants that are tolerant to drought or low-water conditions.