Your Water Bill
Your water bill is managed by Greater Sudbury Utilities. For information or questions about your water bill please contact Greater Sudbury Utilities at 705-675-7536.
A breakdown of your water bill
The water portion of your bill is based on how much water you have used which is taken from a reading of your water meter. You can control this part of your bill by reducing how much water you use.
The water fixed charge stays the same each billing period. This gives the City a stable source of annual funding to cover the costs of maintaining water supply and delivery.
Your wastewater rate is expressed as a percentage of:
- how much water you consume and
- the water fixed charge
The wastewater rate is not based on the amount of water leaving your property.
How to reduce your water bill
The part of your water bill that you can control is based on your water consumption. Fixing leaky faucets and being mindful of your water consumption can help reduce this portion of your water bill.
- Perform a water audit to find out how much water you use.
- Turn off the tap when brushing teeth.
- Have showers instead of baths.
- Properly insulate hot water pipes and heaters.
- Install low-flow shower heads, toilets, and faucet aerators.
- Check for leaky toilets and faucets and fix immediately.
- Choose low-water/low-energy washing machines and dishwashers.
- Buy indoor plants that are tolerant to drought or low-water conditions.