GOVA Zone (formerly TransCab)
As of June 11, masks will no longer be required for those using GOVA Transit.
As we have done throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the City is continuing to follow the guidance of the Province and Public Health Sudbury & Districts when it comes to implementing public health measures. While masks will now be optional in almost all public settings, COVID-19 has not disappeared. We encourage individuals to assess their situation to determine what is best for them, and ask them to continue to be respectful of the choices of others.
The following detour for Route 22 Grandview Local will be in effect until further notice: from Lasalle Blvd., right on Holland Rd., left on Sparks St., right on Roy St., then resume regular routing.
Extended detours can now be found on the Routes and Schedules page with the affected routes.
(Updated July 5, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.)
GOVA Zone (previously known as "TransCab") extends the reach of public transit to less populated areas of the city. If you live in a GOVA Zone service area, you can use GOVA Zone to connect with conventional transit routes at your local mobility hub. GOVA Zone services are delivered by partner taxi companies.
There is no extra charge to take GOVA Zone. You can pay with cash or use GOVA ride cards and passes.
Some restrictions apply to this service.
To take GOVA Zone from your home or starting point:
- Use the GOVA Zone maps to determine whether you are in a GOVA Zone service area. Look for the times highlighted in purple.
- Use the schedules to determine when conventional buses connect with the service.
- Call the GOVA Zone service provider at least 90 minutes before your connecting bus is due to arrive at your Local Mobility Hub. When you call, you will be asked to provide your name and location for pickup.
To take GOVA Zone back to your home or destination:
- Ask the operator on your connecting conventional transit bus for a GOVA Zone transfer.
- At the connecting Local Mobility Hub, give the transfer and the address of your destination to the GOVA Zone service provider.