GOVA Zone (formerly TransCab)
The GOVA downtown Transit Hub waiting area has reopened to the public. The area was closed last week in response to the Province declaring a second state of emergency.
Public Health supports the re-opening. A maximum of 25 people are allowed in the building at one time to allow for social distancing. Riders are encouraged to plan ahead for their trips and dress warm. They're also reminded to protect themselves by wearing a mask and staying a safe distance from others.
- Residents are required to wear a face covering or non-medical mask when visiting any indoor City facility or when riding GOVA Transit under the authority of of the provincial Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. Widespread use of face coverings by all persons decreases the spread of respiratory droplets. Certain exemptions apply.
Extended detours can now be found on the Routes and Schedules page with the affected routes.
(Updated April 1, 2021 at 9: 00 a.m.)
GOVA Zone (previously known as "TransCab") extends the reach of public transit to less populated areas of the city. If you live in a GOVA Zone service area, you can use GOVA Zone to connect with conventional transit routes at your local mobility hub. GOVA Zone services are delivered by partner taxi companies.
There is no extra charge to take GOVA Zone. You can pay with cash or use GOVA ride cards and passes.
Some restrictions apply to this service.
To take GOVA Zone from your home or starting point:
- Use the GOVA Zone maps to determine whether you are in a GOVA Zone service area. Look for the times highlighted in purple.
- Use the schedules to determine when conventional buses connect with the service.
- Call the GOVA Zone service provider at least 90 minutes before your connecting bus is due to arrive at your Local Mobility Hub. When you call, you will be asked to provide your name and location for pickup.
To take GOVA Zone back to your home or destination:
- Ask the operator on your connecting conventional transit bus for a GOVA Zone transfer.
- At the connecting Local Mobility Hub, give the transfer and the address of your destination to the GOVA Zone service provider.