GOVA Zone (formerly TransCab)
TransCab will be refreshed as GOVA Zone to represent the reach of public transit to designated areas of the community, starting August 26, 2019.
Residents previously served by TransCab will continue to be served by GOVA Zone.
Partner taxi companies connect residents with GOVA Transit buses at local mobility hubs. There is no extra charge to take GOVA Zone. You can pay with cash or use GOVA ride cards and passes.
GOVA Zone connection times have changed and have increased frequency in some cases. GOVA Zone service areas have not been expanded at this time due to limited budget.
To take GOVA Zone from your home or starting point:
- Use the GOVA Zone maps to determine whether you are in a GOVA Zone service area.
- Use the schedules to determine when conventional buses connect with the service. Connecting times are indicated with a purple highlight in GOVA Zone schedules.
- Call the GOVA Zone service provider at least 90 minutes before your connecting bus is due to arrive at your Local Mobility Hub. When you call, you will be asked to provide your name and location for pickup.
To take GOVA Zone back to your home or destination:
- Ask the operator on your connecting conventional transit bus for a GOVA Zone transfer.
- At the connecting Local Mobility Hub, give the transfer and the address of your destination to the GOVA Zone service provider.