Bus Rules and Etiquette
GOVA Transit will follow holiday routes and schedules on Canada Day. Regular fares apply. For information, visit 2020 Holiday Schedules or call 705-675-3333.
During the construction on Notre Dame Avenue, bus stops located within the construction zone will not be serviced. Temporary bus stops will be placed at each end of the construction zone to service riders in this area until the work has been completed.
The following detours are effective until further notice.
Route 1 and Route 11
The New Sudbury Library bus shelter on LaSalle Blvd will not be serviced as the Route 1 Main Line, and Route 11 Donovan / Collège Boréal will be re-routed via Barry Downe, Sparks Street then Holland Street.
Riders who would normally use the New Sudbury Library bus shelter are advised to use the temporary stop located on Holland at LaSalle.
Route 13 will follow a detour at Tuddenham and Mary St. due to construction work on Dean Ave.
Outbound: From Tuddenham to Mary, Route 13 will turn left on Logan St., right on Lorne St. and from there, resume regular routing.
Inbound: From Lorne St., Route 13 will turn left on Logan St. and right on Mary St., where it will resume regular routing.
Jul 26, 2019 at 1:22:27 PM
GOVA is preparing for a gradual reopening of its regular public transit service in alignment with the first stage of the Province of Ontario’s restart plan.
- Beginning Monday, June 15, front-door boarding and fare collection will resume on all GOVA Transit buses.
- Installation of temporary clear plastic shields in the operator area of all buses will physically distance employees and passengers boarding through the front doors and using the fare box.
- The Downtown Transit Hub at 9 Elm St. will reopen for sales of GOVA Transit Ride Cards and Passes on Monday, June 8. The indoor waiting area and washrooms remain closed until further notice.
- 31-Day Passes that expired after the suspension of transit fares on March 19, 2020 will be replaced at the Downtown Ticket Kiosk to compensate for number of days remaining.
- Reduced schedules and suspended routes will continue through the summer to deploy two buses whenever possible at peak times on heavier travelled routes.