Bus Rules and Etiquette
Potential Low-Risk COVID-19 Exposure on GOVA Transit Route 1 – Main Line
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is advising of a potential low-risk exposure to COVID-19 for anyone who rode on GOVA Transit Route 1 – Main Line on Saturday, August 21 between 8:45 and 9:30 a.m. During this time, the bus travelled along Notre Dame Avenue and LaSalle Boulevard.
Anyone who rode this route during this time should follow public health guidance:
- Monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days following the bus ride.
- If you develop symptoms, isolate yourself from others and get tested for COVID-19.
- Testing appointments can be booked online through the Health Sciences North Assessment Centre at https://secure.hsnsudbury.ca/COVID19AppointmentRequest.
- You an also call 705-671-7373 during regular business hours.
- If you do not have symptoms, testing and self-isolation is not required.
GOVA Transit monitors and manages passenger capacity on its routes on a daily basis to deploy extra buses when necessary to support physical distancing. Riders are reminded to protect themselves and others by wearing a mask and maintaining a safe distance.
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is reminding everyone to follow public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 including the more transmissible variants of concern. The safest options are to:
- limit close contact to your own household members
- stay home and do not attend work or school when ill
- avoid non-essential travel
- practise physical distancing, wear your mask, and wash your hands
If you have more questions, please visit phsd.ca/COVID-19 or call Public Health Sudbury & Districts at 705.522.9200 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).
Residents are required to wear a face covering or non-medical mask when visiting any indoor City facility or when riding GOVA Transit under the authority of of the provincial Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. Widespread use of face coverings by all persons decreases the spread of respiratory droplets. Certain exemptions apply.A maximum of 25 people are allowed in the building at one time to allow for social distancing.
Until further notice, Route 24 - Cambrian Heights Local will be on detour due to a road closure on Dell St. Outbound detour from Melvin St/, right on Ethel St., left on Bruce Ave. and then resume regular routing. Inbound route will not be affected. Bus Stop #1855 and #1960 will be out of service. A temporary stop will be placed on Ethel Street to service the affected area.
Extended detours can now be found on the Routes and Schedules page with the affected routes.
Updated August 30, 2021 at 11:44 a.m.)