Fares and Passes
The GOVA downtown Transit Hub waiting area has reopened to the public. The area was closed last week in response to the Province declaring a second state of emergency.
Public Health supports the re-opening. A maximum of 25 people are allowed in the building at one time to allow for social distancing. Riders are encouraged to plan ahead for their trips and dress warm. They're also reminded to protect themselves by wearing a mask and staying a safe distance from others.
- Residents are required to wear a face covering or non-medical mask when visiting any indoor City facility or when riding GOVA Transit under the authority of of the provincial Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. Widespread use of face coverings by all persons decreases the spread of respiratory droplets. Certain exemptions apply.
Extended detours can now be found on the Routes and Schedules page with the affected routes.
(Updated April 1, 2021 at 9: 00 a.m.)
Cash Fares and Bus Pass Prices
|Age||One Ride Cash Fare||6 Ride Card||31 Day Pass||Day Pass|
|Children 4 and under||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Children 5 to 12||$3.50||$15||$56||$10|
|Student (with transit photo ID)||$3.50||$15||$75||$10|
|Senior 65 and up (with transit photo ID)||$3.50||$15||$56||$10|
|Disability Pensioner (with transit photo ID)||$3.50||$15||$56||$10|
- If you need a transfer, please ask for one when you get on the bus.
- GOVA is not responsible for lost or stolen ride cards or passes.
- Ride cards and passes are non-refundable.
Transit Travel Incentives
Run your errands then re-board the bus at no additional charge.
- Transfers will remain valid for 90 minutes, and will be accepted on any route.
Travel with your children and grandchildren.
- Up to four youth age 12 and under can ride free when accompanied by an adult or senior with a 31-Day Pass.
Save with the purchase of an adult or student 31-Day Pass.
- The cost of a 31-Day Pass for adults is reduced to $88, and the cost of a 31-Day Pass for students is reduced to $75. Ride as often as you’d like for 31 days.
Take advantage of seniors’ discounts.
- The cost of a 31-Day Pass for seniors age 65 plus, and for individuals in receipt of a disability pension will remain available at a discount rate of $56.
Share your adult 31-Day Pass with family.
- Photo identification will no longer be required when riding the bus with an adult 31-Day Pass. The pass is now transferable and can be shared with a friend or family member when it is not in use by the pass holder.
Ride the bus six times for the cost of five.
- Students, youth, seniors 65 plus and individuals in receipt of a disability pension can save with the $15 purchase of a 6-Ride Card. Adults can save with the $17.50 purchase of a 6-Ride Card.
Make it a family day for only $10.
- A Day Pass provides unlimited travel for one transit service day for one adult and up to four youth aged 12 and under.
Discounts for frequent riders have been offset with a new one ride cash fare of $3.50 for all ages. The new cash fare replaces the previous fare category for seniors, children and disability pensioners. Children age 4 and under remain free of charge.
For more information on our fares and passes please see the information below.