Fares and Passes
- Residents are required to wear a face covering or non-medical mask while riding GOVA Transit and are encouraged to do so while waiting at bus stops. Face coverings or masks are required in all indoor municipal facilities, including the Downtown Transit Hub.
- Starting August 29, 2020, GOVA will transition to new schedules as the community begins a gradual return to school, work and play this fall, while maintaining enhanced protocols for the health and safety of passengers and staff.
- Effective August 29, GOVA Transit will reintroduce high frequency service on most routes, reinstate some previously suspended routes and introduce new services in parts of the city.
There are no emergency detours in effect.
(Updated September 1, 2020)
Extended detours can now be found on the Routes and Schedules page with the affected routes.
Cash Fares and Bus Pass Prices
|Age||One Ride Cash Fare||6 Ride Card||31 Day Pass||Day Pass|
|Children 4 and under||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Children 5 to 12||$3.50||$15||$56||$10|
|Student (with transit photo ID)||$3.50||$15||$75||$10|
|Senior 65 and up (with transit photo ID)||$3.50||$15||$56||$10|
|Disability Pensioner (with transit photo ID)||$3.50||$15||$56||$10|
- If you need a transfer, please ask for one when you get on the bus.
- GOVA is not responsible for lost or stolen ride cards or passes.
- Ride cards and passes are non-refundable.
Transit Travel Incentives
Run your errands then re-board the bus at no additional charge.
- Transfers will remain valid for 90 minutes, and will be accepted on any route.
Travel with your children and grandchildren.
- Up to four youth age 12 and under can ride free when accompanied by an adult or senior with a 31-Day Pass.
Save with the purchase of an adult or student 31-Day Pass.
- The cost of a 31-Day Pass for adults is reduced to $88, and the cost of a 31-Day Pass for students is reduced to $75. Ride as often as you’d like for 31 days.
Take advantage of seniors’ discounts.
- The cost of a 31-Day Pass for seniors age 65 plus, and for individuals in receipt of a disability pension will remain available at a discount rate of $56.
Share your adult 31-Day Pass with family.
- Photo identification will no longer be required when riding the bus with an adult 31-Day Pass. The pass is now transferable and can be shared with a friend or family member when it is not in use by the pass holder.
Ride the bus six times for the cost of five.
- Students, youth, seniors 65 plus and individuals in receipt of a disability pension can save with the $15 purchase of a 6-Ride Card. Adults can save with the $17.50 purchase of a 6-Ride Card.
Make it a family day for only $10.
- A Day Pass provides unlimited travel for one transit service day for one adult and up to four youth aged 12 and under.
Discounts for frequent riders have been offset with a new one ride cash fare of $3.50 for all ages. The new cash fare replaces the previous fare category for seniors, children and disability pensioners. Children age 4 and under remain free of charge.
For more information on our fares and passes please see the information below.