- June 29, 2020
- 2020 Canada Day Municipal Service Schedule
As the Canada Day holiday approaches, Greater Sudbury Mayor Brian Bigger reminds residents of the importance of following safe practices to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- June 25, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Campgrounds, Waterfront Washrooms and Other Reminders
As part of Stage 2 of the Province’s COVID-19 restart plans, the City of Greater Sudbury continues to develop plans for the safe reopening of additional municipal amenities.
- June 24, 2020
- GSDC Welcomes New and Returning Board Members
The Greater Sudbury Development Corporation (GSDC) continues to support local economic development with the recruitment of six new members to its volunteer 18-member Board of Directors.
- June 23, 2020
- Get Ready for TD Summer Reading Club at Greater Sudbury Public Library
The Greater Sudbury Public Library is gearing up for its annual TD Summer Reading Club, a summer long program featuring virtual activities, games and special guests.
- June 19, 2020
- Heat Warning
With hot, humid weather in the forecast for the next few days, Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a heat warning within Public Health Sudbury & Districts’ service area beginning Saturday, June 20, 2020, for the following locations:• Greater Sudbury and vicinity• Markstay – Warren, St. Charles• West-Nipissing, French River
- June 19, 2020
- Greater Sudbury Public Library Accepting New Holds for Curbside Pickup
Residents can browse the digital library at www.sudburylibraries.ca or call the following six branches to place a hold on books, magazines, DVDs and other library materials available at Chelmsford, Lively, Main, New Sudbury, South End and Valley East public libraries.
- June 18, 2020
- Citywide Sharing and Resources to Help Ease the Effects of COVID-19
The City of Greater Sudbury has launched a new, user-friendly COVID-19 web portal to connect residents with the information, organizations and communities they can rely on during this challenging time.
- June 12, 2020
- City Offers Rapid Response to Applications for New Restaurant Patios
The City of Greater Sudbury is offering a streamlined application process to local businesses with plans for new or expanded restaurant patios now permitted under Stage 2 of the provincial COVID-19 restart plan.
- June 12, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Splash Pads and Other City Service Reminders
As the Province’s COVID-19 restart plans continue to move forward, the City of Greater Sudbury has been identified as one of the regions permitted to move into Stage 2, as of 12:01 a.m. on Friday, June 12. This stage permits the safe reopening of some municipal amenities.
- June 11, 2020
- New Hearing Date for Kingsway Entertainment District Planning Appeal
The Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) has set a new hearing date for the Kingsway Entertainment District (KED) planning appeal.
- June 9, 2020
- Tourism Development Fund Launches Thanks to Municipal Accommodation Tax Revenue
The City of Greater Sudbury and the Greater Sudbury Development Corporation (GSDC) are working together to launch a Tourism Development Fund with up to $1 million available for investment into private sector, public sector and non-profit proposals to increase visitation and overnight stays in the community.
- June 8, 2020
- Greater Sudbury Public Library Begins Curbside Pickup of Previously Reserved Items
Curbside pickup of items placed on hold prior to the closure of library branches will be available by appointment beginning Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
- June 4, 2020
- Reminder: New Development Charge Rates in Effect as of July 1, 2020
The City of Greater Sudbury’s Development Charge (DC) rates will change on July 1, 2020. By-law 2019-100 was approved by Council in June 2019 following a thorough review and completion of the Development Charges Background Study.
- June 2, 2020
- GOVA Prepares for Restart of Regular Public Transit Service
GOVA is preparing for a gradual reopening of its regular public transit service in alignment with the first stage of the Province of Ontario’s restart plan.
- June 1, 2020
- Residential garbage bag limit changing on June 8
Effective June 8, the weekly residential garbage bag limit will change from four bags to two bags per household.
- May 27, 2020
- Reminder: Use of Outdoor Municipal Amenities
Under the new provincial guidelines announced on May 21, residents can use municipal parks, beaches and open spaces for recreational activities alone or with members of the same household, for example, playing catch, reading a book, throwing a Frisbee, or doing personal fitness exercises.
- May 27, 2020
- City Prepares for Potential Opening of Vibrant Outdoor Shopping and Dining Experiences
As the Province’s COVID-19 restart plans move forward, the City is developing several measures to make it easier for small businesses to open storefront retail operations, and to help the restaurant and hospitality industry open sidewalk patios and cafes, once permitted to do so.
- May 27, 2020
- Important Information about 2020 Property Taxes
The City of Greater Sudbury is helping residents navigate the COVID-19 situation by providing a further extension of the second due date for interim property taxes. Penalties and interest on late payments will not be charged if amounts owed for the April 2, 2020, interim property tax deadline are paid by July 2.
- May 26, 2020
- City Implements Initiatives to Mitigate Financial Impacts of COVID-19
The City of Greater Sudbury is implementing several measures to mitigate the financial deficit caused by COVID-19.
- Heat warning - Issued: Tuesday, May 26, 2020
With hot, humid weather in the forecast for the next few days, Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a heat warning within Public Health Sudbury & Districts’ service area beginning Tuesday, May 26, 2020, for the following locations: • Greater Sudbury and vicinity