Procurement Opportunities and Contract Awards
The City of Greater Sudbury’s open procurement opportunities are exclusively posted on bids&tenders.
As per the City’s Purchasing By-Law, contracts with a total acquisition cost of $100,000 or greater (unless exempt in Schedule A of the Purchasing By-Law or approved as a single/sole source by City Council) must be conducted via open competition and in accordance with applicable trade agreements.
Viewing of current procurement opportunities are free of charge. To participate in a procurement opportunity, a one-time or annual subscription fee is applicable. For more information or to register, visit bids&tenders. Once registered, companies can select a commodity category to receive opportunities from over 160 organizations.
The City of Greater Sudbury, along with other public sector organizations (currently: Cambrian College, Collège Boréal, Laurentian University, Rainbow District School Board, Conseil scolaire catholique du Nouvel-Ontario, Sudbury Catholic District School Board, Counseil scolaire public du Grand Nord de l’Ontario, Greater Sudbury Utilities, Health Sciences North, and Science North) are members of the Sudbury Regional Buying Group. Member Agencies realize savings by combining individual requirements and seeking bids for larger volumes of goods and services. If the City of Greater Sudbury participates in these procurement opportunities, they will be posted on bids&tenders.ca.
Notice of Participation in Buying Groups
This posting is a public notification that the City of Greater Sudbury, including Pioneer Manor, Greater Sudbury Fire Services, Greater Sudbury Paramedic Services, the Greater Sudbury Police Services Board, Greater Sudbury Public Library Board, City of Greater Sudbury Community Development Corporation, Greater Sudbury Housing Corporation and Sudbury Airport Community Development Corporation, intends to participate in one or more procurements conducted by the following buying groups:
- MGS – Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
- OECM – Ontario Education Collaborative Marketplace
- Local Authority Services (LAS) - Canoe Procurement Group (Inc. Sourcewell)
- Police Cooperative Purchasing Group (PCPG)
- Mohawk Medbuy
- Kinetic GPO
Contract Award Results
Contract award results can be found through bids&tenders.
Tip: Alter drop down option from "Open" to "All" or "Awarded" to find posted results.
Note: The posting of contract awards may take up to 72 days after contract execution.
Tenders and results posted on the City’s site prior to March 29, 2019 will continue to be available through the search portal below.
Search the Tender Archives
- Addendum 1 issued: Mar. 11, 2019
- Addendum 2 issued: Mar. 14, 2019
- Minutes of Meeting issued: Mar. 11, 2019
Contract CDD19-16, Request for Proposal for the Operation and Maintenance of Centennial and Ella Lake Campground Parks
Closed: Mar 12, 2019 at 1:30pm
Notice of Award
Closed: Mar 11, 2019
- Clarification Notice No.1 issued: Feb. 26, 2019
- Clarification Notice No.2 issued: Feb. 27, 2019
- Clarification Notice No.3 issued: Feb. 27, 2019
- Addendum 1 issued: Feb. 06, 2019
- Addendum 2 issued: Feb. 14, 2019
- Addendum 3 issued: Feb. 20, 2019
- Addendum 4 issued: Feb. 21, 2019
- Clarification Notice No.1 issued: Feb. 26, 2016
- Addendum 1 issued: Apr. 04, 2018
- Addendum 2 issued: Apr. 04, 2019
- Addendum 3 issued: Apr. 04, 2019
- Minutes of Information Meeting issued: Feb. 11, 2019
Contract ISD19-18, Request for Proposal for the Supply and Delivery of Water Meters in support of the City’s operational needs and to support a potential City Wide Water Meter, Automated Meter Infrastructure ("AMI") System and Installation Project
- Addendum 1 issued: Jan. 29, 2019
- Clarification Notice No. 1 issued: Jan. 11, 2019
- Notice No.2 issued: Jan. 29, 2019
- Minutes of Information Meeting issued: Jan. 21, 2019
- Clarification Notice No. 1 issued: Jan. 21, 2019
- Clarification No. 1 issued: Jan. 17, 2019
- Clarification Notice No. 2 issued: Jan. 18, 2019
- Information Meeting Minutes issued: Jan. 25, 2019
Request for Supplier Qualification (RFSQ) ENG19-35 for the Paquette Whitson Municipal Drain and Stormwater Management Pond.
Closing Date: Jan 17, 2019 at 4:30 PM
- Addendum 1 issued: Dec. 07, 2018
- Notice No.1 issued: Dec. 18, 2018
- Notice No. 2 issued: Dec. 21, 2018
Request for Supplier Qualification (RFSQ) ENG19-24 for Roadway Widening on Municipal Road 35, Contract 1.
Closing Date: Jan 11, 2019 at 4:30 PM
Contract CDD18-245, RFSO for the Supply and Delivery of Ride Cards and Transfers for Greater Sudbury Transit
Closed: Dec 19, 2018 at 1:30 PM
- Addendum 1 issued: Nov. 23, 2018
- Addendum 2 issued: Dec. 05, 2018
- Addendum 3 issued: Dec. 10, 2018
- Addendum 4 issued: Dec. 11, 2018
- Addendum 1 issued: Nov. 30, 2018
- Addendum 2 issued: Dec. 04, 2018
- Clarification Notice No. 1 issued: Dec. 04, 2018
- Addendum 1 issued: Nov. 23, 2018
- Addendum 2 issued: Nov. 30, 2018
- Addendum 3 issued: Dec. 03, 2018
- Tender Information Meeting Minutes issued: Nov. 09, 2018
For more general information, contact the department at:
705-674-4455 Extension 2464 or