2018 marks the 40th anniversary of the City of Greater Sudbury’s Regreening Program which has focused on rehabilitating Sudbury’s landscape and watersheds. From 1978 to 2017, over 3,400 hectares of land were limed and grassed and over 9.7 million trees have been planted.
- Read our Regreening Program Five Year Plan: 2016-2020 (PDF, 1.39 MB)
- Use our Regreening App to see all the areas that have been regreened since 1978!
- Learn more about how our program works and see the awards we have won for our efforts.
- Get your students involved in our Ugliest Schoolyard Contest!
- Take a virtual tour of the Jane Goodall Reclamation Trail.
Dr. Stephen Monet, PhD, OALA, MCIP, RPP
Manager, Environmental Planning Initiatives
City of Greater Sudbury
200 Brady Street,
P.O. Box 5000, Station A,
Sudbury, ON, P3A 5P3
Phone: 705-674-4455, extension 4297