Skate Parks and BMX
The City of Greater Sudbury has a number of great facilities for those who like to skateboard and BMX.
Due to limited staffing, pad sweeping will be carried out monthly or as needed. Garbage collection is reduced to every seven to 10 days. Park equipment is not sanitized. Users are reminded to wash their hands well after use.
Physical distancing rules remain in effect and residents must stay two metres away from people who are not part of their household or social circle or “bubble.”
The City will monitor the use of these spaces, and signage will be in place to remind users of the rules.
Where there are concerns that people are not practising physical distancing, or where the number of users creates a situation where it is not manageable, the City will further review and implement changes as necessary.
BMX Facility at Rotary Park
Location: The BMX track is located at Rotary Park (Adanac Ski Hill):
744 Beatrice Crescent
Hours of Operation:
- Open from May 1 to October 31 (weather and track conditions permitting)
- Open daily from dawn to dusk
- The track has been built to United Cycliste Internationale (UCI) standards in partnership with the Ontario Cycling Association.
- The City of Greater Sudbury is looking for interested participants and volunteers to establish a local BMX club to assist with maintenance of the track, encourage registration and help organize events.
- The club will work with the City and the Ontario Cycling Association, who will provide support for volunteer training, coach’s clinics, seminars and promotion of the sport.
- Interested individuals are asked to contact 705-674-4455, extension 2333.
Hours of Operation
- All skateboard parks are open from May to October (weather permitting)
- Open daily from dawn to dusk
- No fee for use unless otherwise noted
Skate Park Locations
The City of Greater Sudbury is fully committed to safeguarding the well-being of all users of skateboard parks. Park users must understand and accept the responsibilities of representing a youth sport in this community. All participants must display a positive public attitude at all times, following the principals of conduct listed below.
Ride safe and have fun! Violations may result in the loss of these public facilities.
- Please show courtesy to other participants, other facility users, people in authority, equipment and the environment.
- Treat all riders and spectators with respect. Assist new participants and spectators to understand the sport and philosophy, so that they may also enjoy the sport.
- Please help to keep the park and grounds clean and safe.
- Refrain from the use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, obscene gestures and abusive language.
- Wait your turn, respect the sport, play fairly and follow all rules and regulations. Resolve conflict without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Be responsible for your own actions and discourage any behaviour or practice that could endanger the health and well-being of any facility user.
- Familiarize yourself with the lines of travel before using the facility.
- Notify other users by calling out your intended line of travel. Participants should be alert to avoid possible collisions with other users or equipment.
- Always ride in control, keeping a safe distance from others. Know your abilities and ride within them.
- Be a role model and lead by example, demonstrating fair play, positive support and good sportsmanship to all involved