Tennis and Pickleball Courts: COVID-19 Update July 22, 2020
Outdoor tennis and pickleball courts are open.
As this is a non-contact sport, doubles play is permitted while using tennis and pickleball courts. Residents are reminded to follow Public Health orders including hand washing, physical distancing and masks when physical distancing is not possible. Stay home if you are not feeling well.
Play the fastest growing sport in North America! Pickleball is fun, easy to learn and can be played at all ages. It combines elements of badminton, ping-pong and tennis.
It can be played as doubles or singles, either indoors or outdoors, on a badminton-sized court with a slightly modified tennis net. Equipment consists of a paddle and a plastic ball with holes.
Pickleball Court Locations
O’Connor Playground, 140 St. George St., Sudbury
- Six pickleball courts, accommodating up to 24 players at a time.
- Permanent pickleball nets on site.
- Available first come, first served.
Lo-Ellen Park Playground, 275 Loach’s Road, Sudbury
- Four lines are painted on one of the tennis courts to accommodate pickleball players.
- Bring your own pickleball net.