COVID-19 update: October 27, 2020 : Memberships
Three options are available to members who have not yet activated their membership:
Members can reactivate their membership and return to City pools and fitness facilities. They can credit their membership, and the unused amount will be applied to their account as a credit to be used at a later date towards any recreation program. Members may also choose to have their membership refunded, and the unused amount will be returned to them. If the refund amount is less than $25.00 they will be eligible for a credit only.
You can discuss these options with City staff by contacting the recreation centre or pool directly. You can also email email@example.com or call 311.
COVID-19 Update: September 4, 2020
Fitness Centres Open September 8,2020
As the Province’s COVID-19 restart plans continue to move forward, the City of Greater Sudbury has been identified as one of the regions permitted to move into Stage 3, as of 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 17. This stage permits the safe reopening of additional municipal amenities and the majority of private businesses.
The City’s five fitness centres will open beginning September 8. New protocols will include, but are not limited to:
- No drop-in participation. Members must register for an available timeslot through the online registration system at www.greatersudbury.ca/leisure or by calling the facility beginning Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
- Timeslots have been scheduled to accommodate cleaning periods throughout the day.
- Capacity restrictions will be in place in all areas of the facilities. Fitness class scheduling will be phased in throughout the fall once facilities reopen.
- Some equipment may not be available to ensure physical distancing.
- Saunas, lockers and shared equipment will not be available.
- Participants are encouraged to attend the facility dressed in workout attire.
- Staff will monitor usage and make schedule adjustments as required.
More specific safety guidelines and protocols will be put in place for each centre. All participants are advised to follow all signage and protocols when frequenting the facility. Regular updates and information on safety protocols for the various facilities will be posted to www.greatersudbury.ca/play/recreational-facilities.
Bookings will be accepted up to 7 days in advance. Please note that this includes the actual time of day. For example, if you are looking to book a timeslot for 1 p.m. on a Monday, you are able to book it as of 1 p.m. the Monday prior.
There’s a new way to register for leisure programs or book a facility. It’s easy to create an account! If you need help getting started, click here for our Frequently Asked Questions.
The French interface of our new registration system is still under development, however it is important that the City goes live with the new system as the existing registration and facility booking system is no longer supported by the vendor. Residents can still receive this service in French by calling 311 to have a French-speaking operator process bookings or registrations. The French interface will be launched in time for the fall/winter registration period.