Approved Recycling Containers
- Roadside blue box in good working order
- Roadside Big Blue in good working order
- Rigid blue box container with the recycling symbol in good working order. Must have a maximum capacity of 133 L (35 gallons), be no bigger than 60 cm by 95 cm (3’ x 2’) and with handles set above the midpoint on both sides of the container.
- Clear plastic bag for shredded recyclable paper (not mixed with other recyclables). Must be securely closed. Must not be torn, punctured, or ripped. Must be between 80 to 125 cm tall and 65-90 cm wide. Place it beside or in your blue box or Big Blue.
- Clear plastic bag for rigid polystyrene (e.g. the hard styrofoam around a TV). Do not mix with other recyclables. Must be securely closed. Must not be torn, punctured, or ripped. Must be between 80-125 cm tall and 65-90 cm wide. Place it beside or in your blue box or Big Blue.
If you occasionally have extra recycling that needs to be picked up, use an approved overflow container such as an open cardboard box similar in size to a City blue box and place it out beside your blue box or Big Blue
- All approved recycling containers must not weigh more than 18 kg/40 pounds when full.
- If your container has a lid, it must not be tied down. Our collectors must be able to easily remove the lid to collect your recycling.
- Download our approved roadside recycling containers info sheet (PDF, 559 KB).