- October 3, 2019
- City Offers Healthy Alternative to Halloween Treats
For the month of October, residents can buy Trick-or-Swim tickets to hand out as a fun, healthy and allergy-conscious option for trick-or-treaters.
- October 1, 2019
- City Achieves National Recognition for Marketing Local Mining Supply and Services
The Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC) presented the City of Greater Sudbury’s Economic Development team with a Marketing Canada Award on September 22.
- September 30, 2019
- East Village Animal Hospital Offers Vet Visits for Low-Income Pet Owners
The City of Greater Sudbury, in partnership with East Village Animal Hospital, is hosting a subsidized veterinary clinic on October 7, 2019 for pet owners with a net income of under $40,000.
- September 26, 2019
- Reminder: Garbage Bag Limit Changes from Two to One on October 1, 2019
On October 1, 2019, the residential garbage bag limit will change from two bags to one.
- September 25, 2019
- Watch History on the Move this Saturday, September 28 in the Flour Mill
The Flour Mill Museum is moving from its current location at 245 St. Charles St. to a new home in O’Connor Park. Residents are invited to watch the relocation of the heritage house and log cabin this Saturday, September 28.
- September 20, 2019
- Reminder: Fall Residential Tipping Fee Holiday Starts Monday, September 23
Residential tipping fees will be waived at all Greater Sudbury landfill and waste diversion sites between Monday, September 23 and Friday, September 27 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and on Saturday, September 28 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- September 20, 2019
- Traffic update: Friday, September 20, 2019
Elm Street, Sudbury: A watermain replacement will reduce Elm Street to one lane in each direction between Frood Road and Pine Street, starting Monday, September 30. Access to local businesses will be maintained.
- September 18, 2019
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program Seeking Members for Community Selection Committee
The Greater Sudbury Development Corporation in collaboration with the City of Greater Sudbury is seeking members for its Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program’s (RNIP) Community Selection Committee.
- September 17, 2019
- Downtown On-street Parking is Getting a Facelift
As of September 23, parking meters in the city’s downtown core will be replaced with accessible pay stations in central locations.
- September 12, 2019
- Book of Condolence for Lily Fielding
Greater Sudbury Mayor Brian Bigger and City Council invite residents to sign a book of condolence for Lily Fielding, who passed away on Sunday, September 8, 2019.