- City Reduces Speed Limit in Construction Zone
In order to ensure the safety of road construction workers, motorists, pedestrians and cyclists, starting February 6, 2017, the City of Greater Sudbury is reducing the speed limit in the designated construction zones on MR 80, north of Turner Avenue.
- City of Greater Sudbury Accepting Nominations for the 2016-2017 Civic Awards for Volunteerism
The City of Greater Sudbury recognizes the contributions of community volunteers through Civic Awards.
- City Launches Sudbury Alerts Emergency Notification Service
The City of Greater Sudbury in partnership with Glencore, Greater Sudbury Police Services, Greater Sudbury Utilities, the Sudbury and District Health Unit and Vale, have launched a mass notification service, Sudbury Alerts, on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
- City Hires General Manager of Corporate Services
Following a search that attracted candidates from across the country, Kevin Fowke has been hired as the City’s new General Manager of Corporate Services, effective February 1.
- City Hires Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Following a national search, Eliza Bennett has been hired as the City’s new Director of Communications and Community Engagement, effective February 13.
- City Council Approves Next Steps on Arena/Event Centre
Greater Sudbury City Council tonight directed staff to move forward with the next steps for a new arena/event centre.
- City Commences Snow Removal Operations Downtown
The City will be commencing snow removal operations in the downtown area beginning on Monday, January 16 until Friday, January 20.
- April 20, 2017
- Public Information Session for Rehabilitation Work for MR 15
Residents are invited to a public information session to learn about scheduled rehabilitation work to MR 15. Residents can drop in at the Carrefour Sen Rheal Belisle Cultural Centre at 2777 Main St. in Blezard Valley anytime between 4 and 7 p.m. on Monday, April 24 to obtain information
- April 19, 2017
- Canada Games Council Announces Host City for 2021 Canada Summer Games
Niagara Region has been selected as the host of the 2021 Canada Summer Games. The announcement was made this morning by the Canada Games Council and the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport at a joint news conference held in Toronto.
- April 19, 2017
- Applications for Local Transit and Transportation Grant Open January 16
Not-for-profit, charitable and community groups in need of transportation to a single local event or program are invited to apply for a Greater Sudbury Transit Fare and Transportation Grant, starting Monday, January 16.