Public Information Session for Rehabilitation Work for MR 15
Apr 20, 2017
Residents are invited to a public information session to learn about scheduled rehabilitation work to MR 15. Residents can drop in at the Carrefour Sen Rheal Belisle Cultural Centre at 2777 Main St. in Blezard Valley anytime between 4 and 7 p.m. on Monday, April 24 to obtain information, review the construction plans and ask questions.
The rehabilitation work for MR 15, from west of the bridge at Belisle Drive, to 1.8 km west of Martin Road includes:
• New asphalt roadway throughout the project area
• New curb, boulevard and spot sidewalk and cycling infrastructure through the urban section on Martin Road to 500 metres west
• 2 metres of paved shoulder
• Road culvert replacement
MR 15 bridge rehabilitation work west of Belisle Drive and north of Montée Rouleau includes:
• Repair deteriorated deck concrete and install new concrete barrier walls
• Repair cracks in deck soffit and reface concrete abutments and wing walls
• Replace steel beam and guide rail
• Repave roadway and bridge deck
Construction work is anticipated to start in June 2017 and be will be complete in the summer of 2018.