Transportation Master Plan
The Transportation Master Plan is an update from the 2005 study and focuses on a sustainable transportation network for vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists along with their projected needs up until the year 2031.
The objectives of this study are to develop a plan that supports the transportation vision and principles through:
- improvement of the existing road network,
- enhancement and expansion of active transportation (biking, walking) facilities; and
- the incorporation and development of additional transportation policies.
Once finalized, the Transportation Master Plan will be appended to the City of Greater Sudbury’s Official Plan.
Update - October 2018
The Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) has decided, after careful consideration, that individual environmental assessments are not required and that the City can move forward with the Master Plan Study.
As part of their decision they are imposing some conditions to ensure concerns are addressed in phases 3 and 4 of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment planning process.
Transportation Master Plan by section
- Table of Contents, List of Figures, List of Tables, List of Appendices (PDF, 498 KB)
- Executive Summary (PDF, 314 KB)
- Section 1 - Introduction (PDF, 333 KB)
- Section 2 - Public Consultation Summary (PDF, 504 KB)
- Section 3 - Greater Sudbury Today: Existing Transportation Conditions (PDF, 3,189 KB)
- Section 4 - Transportation Planning Context (PDF, 278 KB)
- Section 5 - Transportation Vision Statement, Principles, Objectives and Process (PDF, 484 KB)
- Section 6 - Active Transportation: Cycling and Walking (PDF, 521 KB)
- Section 7 - Future Transportation Needs (PDF, 731 KB)
- Section 8 - Transportation Planning Alternatives (PDF, 10,317 KB)
- Section 9 - Cycling and Pedestrian Master Plan (PDF, 12,300 KB)
- Section 10 - Policies to support the preferred Transportation Alternative (PDF, 4,868 KB)
- Section 11 - Transportation Study Report Implementation (PDF, 8,001 KB)
- Section 12 - Recommendations (PDF, 232 KB)
- Appendices - (PDF, 43, 216 KB)
Memo re: Changes Made to the Transportation Study Report since the October 2015 Council Meeting (PDF - 66 KB)