Final Property Tax Bills Now Available
Final property tax bills are in the mail. The first instalment is due on July 5, 2021, and the second is due on August 5, 2021.
If you do not receive your final tax bill by Thursday, June 24, 2021, please contact the tax department at 705-674-4455, extension 2601.
There are number of ways to pay your property tax bill, including:
- by mail, telephone or via internet banking.
- at most banks, trust companies, credit unions and Caisse Populaires.
- through your mortgage, arranged through your mortgage company.
- by enrolling in a pre-authorized payment plan where payments are automatically withdrawn from your bank account either monthly or on the instalment due date.
- if you traditionally pay your tax bill in person at Tom Davies Square or at a Citizen Service Centre, you may contact 311 to discuss options available to you, as provincial guidelines may change the availability of in person services.
Property taxes are calculated by taking the value of your property and multiplying it by the total tax rate, established by Council each spring. The value of your property is established by the Municipal Property Assessment
Corporation (MPAC). A breakdown of how your property taxes support municipal services can be found using the online Tax Calculator found at https://taxcalc.greatersudbury.ca.
The 2021 COVID-19 Property Tax Deferral program is now available to help residents and business owners experiencing financial hardships from the COVID-19 pandemic. The program offers qualifying applicants the option to defer the July 5 and August 5 installments to December 15, 2021 without penalty or interest. Applications and supporting documents must be received by the Tax Department no later than July 30, 2021.
For more information about your municipal property tax bill, payment options and for information and applications for the 2021 COVID-19 Tax Deferral Program, please call 311, Chat Live with 311 at 311.greatersudbury.ca, or visit www.greatersudbury.ca/taxes.