Deadline for 2021 Elderly Property Tax Assistance Credit Applications
Dec 9, 2021
The deadline to apply for the 2021 Elderly Property Tax Assistance Credit is December 31, 2021.
The Elderly Property Tax Assistance Credit is available for some seniors who own their own home. To qualify, the resident or their spouse must:
- be receiving the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) from the federal government. To verify if you receive the GIS, visit Service Canada at 19 Lisgar St. (Federal building), or call 1-800-277-9914.
- be a resident of the City of Greater Sudbury.
- be at least 65 years of age by December 31, 2021.
- be assessed as the owner of residential property for the entire current year.
- occupy a single-family dwelling unit in the City of Greater Sudbury on which municipal taxes are paid.
Residents must apply for this rebate annually. The rebate is issued to qualified taxpayers in the form of a cheque.
For details on eligibility for tax rebates and credits, visit www.greatersudbury.ca/taxes or call 311.