Learn how to prepare for overland flooding

Apr 18, 2019

With heavy rain in the forecast, residents are encouraged to learn how to prepare for overland flooding.

 The Government of Canada has information about what to do before, during and after a flood at https://www.getprepared.gc.ca/cnt/hzd/flds-bfr-en.aspx

The City of Greater Sudbury’s Community Flood Management Plan and Flood Management Watershed Maps are available at www.greatersudbury.ca/Emergencypreparedness

Conservation Sudbury flood advisories are available at https://conservationsudbury.ca/en/flood-advisories.html

Call 311 to report heavily flooded roads and other risks to municipal infrastructure. The city cannot respond to calls related to private property.

Call 911 for medical or life-threatening emergencies, fires and crimes in progress.

In the event of a sewer backup, residents may call 311 or a plumber of their choice. The City of Greater Sudbury will pay for plumbing services if the sewer blockage is on municipal property. The property owner must pay for plumbing services if the blockage is on private property. Details are available at www.greatersudbury.ca/sewerblockage