Traffic Update - October 24, 2014
Oct 24, 2014
A water main valve repair on Paris Street this Sunday, October 26, from 6 a.m. to midnight may cause lower than normal pressure and possibly some discolored water. Residents in the area are advised to check water for clarity prior to starting laundry or dishwashers. Water can be cleared of excess sediments by running a cold water tap, preferably one which is closest to a downstairs water meter, until the water runs clear.
Falconbridge road at the intersection of Frobisher Street will be receiving a temporary asphalt patch Friday, October 24 until Saturday morning. The temporary patch will remain in place until parts ordered to permanently repair the water main have been received and installed in early November.
West bound curb lane will be closed at 1024 Kingsway for a water main repair, from 4 p.m. Sunday October 26 until 8 p.m. on October 27.
Service installations West of Silver Hills Drive will begin Monday, October 27 to November 28, 2014 and will intermittently close the west bound lanes.
Lane closures will follow the following structure:
- closure of one curb lane only will only occur from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- service crossing work which requires two lane closures will be occur from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- pedestrians will have access to the sidewalk on the south side of the Kingsway.
Burr Oak Road will be down to one lane over this weekend for culvert repair work.
Big Nickel Mine Road between Lorne Street and Elm Street will see traffic delays today until 7p.m.
Monday, October 27 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Martindale Road rail crossing will see a reduction in cross traffic to accommodate the following work:
- closing westbound curb lane to construct a curb depression on the North side of Lorne Street;
- placement of asphalt between curb and sidewalk on East side of the intersection;
- construction of sidewalk on South side of tracks;
- placement of asphalt from new sidewalk to bus shelter.