Employment Support and Financial Assistance
COVID-19 Update: Reopening of Tom Davies Square
Effective Monday, July 13, the City of Greater Sudbury will reopen Tom Davies Square to the public. The facility has been closed since mid-March, in line with other COVID-19 closures, with limited services available by appointment only.
Tom Davies Square will be open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Public access will be limited to the main floor, including the public washrooms. Available services will include:
- Citizen Service Centre (www.greatersudbury.ca/live/citizen-service-centres/)
- Planning Services
- Building Services
- Leisure Services
- Corporate Security and Bylaw
In order to minimize line-ups, residents are encouraged to continue to use online services and to make an appointment through 311 before visiting Tom Davies Square. A full list of online services can be found at www.greatersudbury.ca/eservices.
A number of proactive measures will be in place to protect the health and safety of both visitors and staff. These include:
- Floor decals and wayfinding signage to direct travel
- Protective screens installed at all customer service counters
- A requirement for all visitors to wear a non-medical mask or face covering, in line with the directives of Public Health Sudbury & Districts. The City has a limited number of disposable masks available for visitors who forget to bring their own.
- Health screening upon entry
- Enhanced cleaning of washrooms and high-touch areas
- Hand sanitizer at all entry/exit points
Access to City services at 199 Larch St., including Social Services, Housing Services and Children's Services, will continue to be available by appointment only. There will be no indoor access from Tom Davies Square to 199 Larch or Greater Sudbury Police Headquarters. Visitors will be required to use the main outdoor entrances to access those facilities.
Financial Assistance - Ontario Works Sudbury
Ontario Works offers short-term financial assistance to eligible residents of the City of Greater Sudbury along with job and career guidance and a variety of programs and services.
Contact Ontario Works
199 Larch Street, 9th Floor
PO BOX 3700 Station A
Sudbury, ON P3A 5W5
Employment Support Services
Employment Support Services supports Ontario Works (OW) and Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) participants by offering workshops, skills training and various resources to help you find meaningful employment.
Contact Employment Support Services
199 Larch Street, 7th Floor
PO BOX 3700 Station A
Sudbury, ON P3A 5P3
Phone: 705-674-4455, extension 4181