In Ontario, municipalities must comply with the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act as well as with Ontario Regulation 380/04.
The City of Greater Sudbury's Emergency Management Office is responsible for developing and implementing the municipality's Emergency Management Program. This includes:
- developing strategies to protect the public in times of emergency and
- educating citizens on how to be prepared for emergencies
We work closely with first responders, City departments, private industry, and non-profit organizations. We incorporate best practices into all aspects of our Emergency Management Program with the goal of making Greater Sudbury a disaster-resilient community.
City of Greater Sudbury Emergency Plans
- City of Greater Sudbury Emergency Response Plan (PDF 2,177 KB)
- Community Flood Management Plan (PDF, 481 KB) See our Flood Management Watershed Maps.
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment 2022 (PDF, 512 KB)
- Hot Weather Response Plan (PDF, 120 KB)