Emergency Management Advisory Panel
The Greater Sudbury Emergency Management Advisory Panel (GSEMAP) provides guidance and contributes to the development, implementation, and maintenance of the City of Greater Sudbury's Emergency Management Program.
- Set clear objectives and goals for the panel to assist the municipality in meeting the requirements of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.
- Annually meet the requirements of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.
- Annually review the objectives and goals to progressively develop the program until the Framework for Community Emergency Management Program's Comprehensive Level is reached and maintained.
Goals and Objectives
In accordance with the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act and the City of Greater Sudbury Bylaw 2009-33, members will:
- Share expertise and knowledge to promote preparedness and integration of emergency plans.
- Facilitate a coordinated response to disasters or emergencies.
- Through participation on the Public Awareness Program Subgroup, members will conduct public education initiatives to encourage emergency preparedness within the community.
The Greater Sudbury Emergency Management Advisory Panel is made up of representatives from a number of organizations including:
- Municipal Government
- Provincial Government
- Conservation / Environmental Agencies
- Educational Institutions
- Emergency Services
- Health Care / Public Health
- Long-Term Care / Assistive Living Agencies
- Social Service Agencies
- Industry (Mining, Rail, Utilities)
- Non-Government Agencies
- Volunteer Agencies
The panel will be chaired by a community representative as selected by the panel for a term of three years. City of Greater Sudbury staff will be excluded from chairing the panel.
If your company is interested in learning more about the Greater Sudbury Emergency Management Advisory Panel or your company is interested in joining the Panel, please contact us.
- Meeting dates for the upcoming year will be determined by the panel at the last meeting of each year
- Quarterly meetings will be conducted at the Centre Lionel E Lalonde Centre in Azilda
- Wherever possible, meetings will be hosted at member agency offices.
- Sub-group meetings will be scheduled as required.