- January 27, 2021
- Statement from Mayor Bigger - COVID-19 Vaccines in Greater Sudbury
I am relieved to see that the provincial vaccine rollout plans have turned to include Greater Sudbury.
- January 29, 2021
- Ramsey Lake Skating Path Opens for Season
The shutdown has been hard for all of us, and we understand getting the family out for some fresh air is one way to get through these challenging times. In light of this, we'll be extending hours at the Ramsey Lake Skating Path and Queen’s Athletic Skating Oval.
- January 25, 2021
- Statement from Mayor Bigger on the passing of George Armstrong
As Mayor, I join the community of Greater Sudbury and hockey fans everywhere in mourning the passing of George Armstrong.
- January 25, 2021
- Reminder: Collection of Garbage, and Leaf and Yard Trimmings Changing to Every Other Week February 1
On February 1, 2021, weekly collection of one garbage bag/container/bundle and unlimited leaf and yard trimmings will move to two bags/containers/bundles and unlimited leaf and yard trimmings every other week. Although the frequency of your garbage collection is changing, the number of bags/containers/bundles permitted is the same.
- January 20, 2021
- Community Invited to Share their Thoughts on Homelessness at Public Input Meetings
Residents are being asked to share their feedback about homelessness in the community, including personal stories, potential improvements in services, concerns and local needs.
- January 17, 2021
- Statement from Mayor Bigger - January 17, 2021
I would like to express my deepest condolences to the family members and friends of those who have tragically lost their lives to COVID-19. The situation at Amberwood Suites is extremely sad and my thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected.
- January 13, 2021
- COVID-19 Update: City Services Affected by Second Provincial State of Emergency
The Province has declared a second state of emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and a provincewide stay at home order begins Thursday, January 14 at 12:01 a.m. As a result, temporary changes to a number of municipal programs and services are expected to be in place until at least Thursday, February 11.
- January 12, 2021
- Citizens Invited to Apply for Appointment to Arts and Culture Project Grant Jury
The City of Greater Sudbury is seeking three citizen volunteers to evaluate applications and recommend funding allocations for special or one-time activities that will support the local arts and culture community in 2021.
- January 8, 2021
- COVID-19 Update: City Services Affected by Extended Northern Ontario Shutdown
The Province announced on Thursday that the shutdown in northern Ontario, which was scheduled to end Saturday, January 9, will be extended to Saturday, January 23. This aligns with shutdown timelines in the rest of Ontario to reduce the spread of COVID-19.