Fielding Road, Lively, Bridge Rehabilitation
The City of Greater Sudbury will be completing a bridge rehabilitation
on Fielding Road, Lively, between 305 and 345 Fielding Road.
Construction by the City’s contractor, GDB Constructeurs, will be carried out
between June 2022, and October 2022.
Work will take place Monday to Friday,
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Please note these timelines are subject to change.
- Rehabilitation of the existing Fielding Road Bridge.
- Construction phasing and traffic control.
- Miscellaneous concrete patch repairs and crack injection.
- Remove expansion joints and convert to semi-integral
configuration if structurally feasible.
- Waterproof and resurface the bridge deck.
- Install new approach slabs.
- Replace approach guide rails to meet current standards
with suitable end treatments (energy attenuators) and
flush mounted structure connections.
- Replace barrier walls at the approaches.
- Install curb and gutter extensions with spillways.
- Provide Rip-Rap at embankments at washout locations.
Questions about construction can be directed to:
Chris Cornell, P.Eng.
705-674-4455, ext. 4239
Mike Neumann, P.Eng.