- March 10, 2022
- Homelessness Data- Average Daily Use - Feb 28 to March 6
Weekly data for the week of February 28 to March 6, 2022.
- March 4, 2022
- Homelessness Data- Average Daily Use
Weekly data for the week of February 21 to February 27, 2022.
- February 16, 2022
- Update on 1310 Sparks Street Project
This report provides a recommendation regarding the estimated cost escalation for the 1310 Sparks St. Development.
- February 8, 2022
- By-Name List Data
To date, 187 people have been added to the By-Name list.
- February 8, 2022
- Encampment Update
There are no longer any tents in the 199 Larch St. courtyard area.
- February 3, 2022
- Community Builders Brings Social Enterprise North
Focused on Job Training, Affordable Housing, and Building a Stronger Sudbury.
- February 2, 2022
- The City of Greater Sudbury is Raising the Roof!
Each year, Raising the Roof’s national Toque Campaign sees hundreds of volunteers and supporters sell toques across the country.
- January 26, 2022
- New emergency shelter beds for women
The Elizabeth Fry Society opened a new low barrier emergency shelter program for women, named Safe Harbour House, on January 24, 2022.
- January 25, 2022
- City Committed to Helping Residents Find Permanent, Affordable Housing
A look at some significant investments into Housing.
- January 18, 2022
- Homelessness Data
Learn more about our shelters, warming centres and Extreme Cold Weather Alert program.
- December 24, 2021
- Interview with the City's Director of Children and Social Services
How a housing program and other support services are helping individuals experiencing homelessness in Greater Sudbury.
- December 16, 2021
- Reminder of Programs and Services
A reminder of the programs and services available to our community's vulnerable population over the holidays.
- December 7, 2021
- Interview with Homelessness Network
Sudbury’s Homelessness Network helped 23 people find housing in the last two months.
- December 2, 2021
- Greater Sudbury Encampment Response Guide
To develop a coordinated, supportive, and successful approach to addressing encampments, the City engaged with an encampment consultant (Iain De Jong from OrgCode Consulting Inc.) in August 2021.
- November 24, 2021
- Report to Council – November 23, 2021
During a report to Council on November 23, 2021, City of Greater Sudbury staff provided options for indoor shelter and housing solutions as outlined in the Greater Sudbury Encampment Response Guidelines.
- November 22, 2021
- Lorraine St. Affordable Housing Project
City Council has approved the development of a 40-unit affordable housing building on Lorraine St. which will support people and populations who are vulnerable.
- November 12, 2021
- Samaritan Centre Opens a Resource Centre
As of November 3, 2021, the Samaritan Centre opened a resource centre during the week, a space for individuals to use internet, computers and the phone.
- November 5, 2021
- Housing Capacity Update
Staff have moved forward with a plan to convert some vacant two bedroom units into one bedroom units to provide additional capacity to the homelessness service system.