2019 FONOM Northeastern Municipal Conference
Preparations are underway for the upcoming 2019 FONOM Northeastern Municipal Conference hosted by the City of Greater Sudbury. The theme for this year’s conference is Leadership. Resilience. Innovation. This year’s theme challenges our northern leaders to work together and develop new ways to take action in an ever-changing landscape.
This annual conference is the perfect opportunity to gain valuable insight into various municipal matters, while connecting with municipal colleagues from across Northeastern Ontario.
This year’s Key note speaker is Gord Hume. Gord is recognized as one of Canada’s leading voices on municipal government, sustainable urban development, cultural planning, and creative cities. He is a passionate and provocative public speaker, an advisor to civic governments, and a respected and thoughtful author and commentator on local government and community issues.
Other speakers and topics include:
- FEDNOR Program Updates
- Science North-The Power of partnerships
- Preparing Communities for jobs through local access to education and training
- Understanding MPAC and the Municipal Role in the property assessment system
- Beef production challenges and opportunities in the North
- It Takes a Forest!
- Effective Municipal Finance-What you need to know
- Housing Programs and initiatives in the Northeast
- Understanding Open Local Government
- GEMS Committee -Vision Zero: A 2+1 Highway for Northeastern Ontario
- Premier Doug Ford and Provincial Members of Cabinet (invited)
Greater Sudbury is excited for the opportunity to showcase its community and offerings to the Northern leaders and is working hard to make sure this is a unique and memorable experience.
For information on FONOM, please visit: http://www.fonom.org/
For more information on Things to Do in Sudbury, please visit: www.discoversudbury.ca
For all conference inquiries, please contact:
City of Greater Sudbury
Phone: 1(866) 451-8525