Day Camp Counsellors
Camp Counsellors provide a quality outdoor experience designed to help children develop an awareness and appreciation of the natural environment. Counsellors are responsible for the daily supervision and safety of groups of children as they guide and assist them through outdoor activities, such as canoeing, kayaking, sailing, wall climbing, swimming, archery, mountain biking, and more.
- Must have experience working with children between the ages of 5-14.
- Must possess current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C from The Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, St. John Ambulance, Canadian Ski Patrol - or any other agency listed as an approved provider by the WSIB - and uphold these certifications for the period of employment.
- Students in Playgrounds and Summer Camps are required to complete HIGH FIVE® Training prior to their employment date. HIGH FIVE® training provides participants with nationally recognized certification that will assist them in working with children's programs in the sport and recreation industry. For information on HIGH FIVE® training, please contact Leisure Services at 705-674-4455 extension 2446.
Number of positions available:
When to expect a call for an interview:
Anytime between April and June
Estimated start date:
First week of July
Rate of pay:
$16.55 per hour
Hours of Work:
- 35 hours per week
- Part-time positions available
- Will be required to attend scheduled evening campfires