About the Project
Junction West will be a dynamic multi-use facility in downtown Sudbury that stimulates economic growth by attracting new events, including:
- large-scale conventions and trade shows,
- arts/culture performances,
- meetings and community celebrations.
It will address community needs that were first identified almost three decades ago and will put Greater Sudbury firmly on the next level for public performances and convention business.
Junction West will be a 60,500 square foot building that includes 19,500 square feet of rentable space.
It will include a 13,000 sq. ft. of free span main plenary that:
- has 950 theatre-style soft seats,
- converts to a flat-floor ballroom in less than 30-minutes and
- can host more than 850 delegates.
This community auditorium will be the centrepiece arts and meeting venue of the capital of northeastern Ontario.
- Analysis of land and options for separate parcel for hotel investment and development Monitoring Market Conditions
- Determine effect of COVID-19 on industry
- Determine timing and approach to solicit private sector interest
- Evaluate impact on business plan to determine need for review
- Evaluate potential to issue EOI or RFPPQ