Skip to the main content of this page?
Find other sites and services by the City of Greater Sudbury
Greater Sudbury Airport
greater sudbury airport logo
Greater Sudbury Airport
Your journey begins with us. Avoid the hassles of the highway and travel worry-free with the Greater Sudbury Airport. Check here for arrivals, departures, traveller information and more!
Your Local Library
greater sudbury public library logo
Your Local Library
Greater Sudbury Public Library is proud to offer a wide range of bilingual services and collections which meet the information and leisure needs of all ages.
Heritage Museums
sudbury museums logo
Heritage Museums
Discover our rich past. Explore four local museums through digital imaging, audio and video. The site also features the INCO Triangle Digital Archives.
Invest Sudbury
invest sudbury logo
Invest Sudbury
The Greater Sudbury Development Corporation is the engine for local economic development. Explore initiatives to attract, develop and retain business in our city.
Sudbury Tourism
sudbury tourism logo
Sudbury Tourism
Greater Sudbury is a place for adventure. Choose from world-renowned attractions, urban comforts and outdoor getaways. Packages are available.
Regional Business Centre
regional business centre logo
Regional Business Centre
Let us help you find what you need to succeed. Our not-for-profit organization provides information and resources to fund, launch and grow your business, free of charge.

Greater Sudbury

Dial 3-1-1 for Municipal Services

Call Centre employees

Our friendly and knowledgeable Citizen Service Representatives can answer questions, forward complaints or fill requests for municipal services. Dial 3-1-1 or email, Mondays to Fridays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., for questions, complaints or assistance with municipal services or regulations, including:

  • Household Garbage and Recycling
  • Recreational Programs
  • Potholes
  • Snow Plowing
  • Road Construction
  • Discolored Water
  • Sewer Backup
  • Tax Bills
  • By-laws
  • Building Permits
  • Pet Registration and much more!

Dial 3-1-1 for After Hours Service

The City of Greater Sudbury maintains an answering service to take your calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Dial 3-1-1 and press 6 to reach a live operator after regular business hours to provide information that will be forwarded to an on-call Public Works supervisor, during situations with potential for property damage:

  • Flooding
  • Sewer Backup
  • Water Main Breaks
  • Sinkholes and other threats to private or public property.

Municipal facilities that are open to the public on weekends and in the evening, such as libraries, arenas and recreation centres, can be reached by direct dial. Numbers are listed on the City of Greater Sudbury website and in the Blue Pages of the Bell Telephone Directory.

Dial 705-674-4455 for Direct Calls

If you know the extension you wish to reach, please dial 705-674-4455 to make a direct call to a municipal service or employee. If you know the name of the employee you wish to reach, enter the last name of the employee on your telephone keypad followed by the pound (#) sign. 

If you are calling from outside the City of Greater Sudbury, please dial 705-671-2489.

Tracking System for Service Requests

When you dial or email 3-1-1 with a complaint or request for municipal service, you will be asked to provide your name, address and telephone number for follow-up should municipal employees require further information.

Please note that incoming calls to the 3-1-1 Call Centre may be monitored for quality control purposes.

Citizen Service Representatives enter your complaint or request into an ACR (Active Citizen Request) system which tracks when and how it is resolved. Each complaint or request is assigned a case number, which you are provided, should you wish to track the progress of your call or email.

If your complaint or request is not resolved to your satisfaction, it may be forwarded to the General Manager of the responsible municipal service for further investigation. A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to a City of Greater Sudbury program, service, facility, or staff member, where a citizen believes that the City has not provided a satisfactory service experience and a response or resolution is expected.

Citizens who are reporting wrongdoing, which is defined as any kind of activity that could be deemed illegal, dishonest , wasteful or a deliberate violation of city policy, may contact a confidential and anonymous Wrongdoing Hotline.

Other Important Telephone Numbers

Nickel District Conservation Authority (Overland Flooding): 705-674-5249

Sudbury & District Health Unit (Health Concerns): 705-522-9200

Union Gas (Emergencies): 1-877-969-0999

Greater Sudbury Hydro (Emergencies): 705-675-7536

Hydro One (Emergencies): 1-800-434-1235

Notice of Collection of Personal Information  s. 29 (2) Municipal Freedom of  Information and Protection of Privacy Act

  • Any personal information collected during your call to 3-1-1 and subsequent calls from or to the City in relation to your call to 3-1-1 will be used to respond to your inquiry or concern. Your personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Act, 2001, program-specific legislation and by-laws, where applicable, the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act, where applicable. Questions about the collection of your information should be directed to the Manager of Citizen Services at PO Box 5000, Stn A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3B 4B1 or by telephone at 705-674-4455, extension 4720.