Garbage Bag Tags
The garbage limit is two (2) approved bags/containers/bundles per residential household unit every other week. If you have to put out more than two (2) bags/containers/bundles, you can purchase garbage bag tags. There is no limit to the number of extra bags you can place at the roadside on your scheduled garbage collection day every other week as long as the bags over the limit are all properly tagged.
The cost is $10 for five tags.
Tags are subject to availability. Please phone ahead.
Are you a retailer interested in selling bag tags at your location? Please contact 311 to discuss.
Coniston / Wahnapitae / Wanup
- Wanup General Store: 3 Old Wanup Rd., Sudbury - 705-522-1036
Garson / Falconbridge / Skead
- JEM Mart 40: 3397 Falconbridge Hwy, Garson - 705-693-4747
Valley East / Capreol
- Home Hardware Hanmer: 5085 Hwy 69 North, Hanmer - 705-969-7000
- Kwik Way: 3000 Old Hwy 69 N, Val Caron - 705-897-6125
- Kwik Way: 7 Cote Blvd, Hanmer - 705-969-7577
- Metro: 3140 Hwy 69 North, Val Caron - 705-897-4958
Azilda / Chelmsford / Dowling / Levack / Onaping
- North West Lumber/Home Hardware: 3299 Errington Ave., Chelmsford - 705-855-4573
- UPI Energy FS: 82 Main St E, Chelmsford - 705-855-0595
Sudbury / Copper Cliff
- 2nd Avenue Home Hardware: 366 Second Ave N., Sudbury - 705-566-5602
- A&J Home Hardware: 469 Bouchard St., Sudbury - 705-522-3780
- Donovan Variety: 533 Kathleen St., Sudbury - 705-670-9288
- Douglas Variety & Video: 76 Douglas St., Sudbury - 705-670-0892
- Food Basics: 1800 Lasalle Blvd., Sudbury - 705-566-8464
- JEM Mart 20: 532 Kathleen St, Sudbury - 705-693-4707
- JEM Mart 30: 325 Douglas St, Sudbury - 705-674-0487
- Kwik Way: 13 Serpentine Rd., Copper Cliff - 705-682-2300
- Kwik Way: 594 LaSalle Blvd, Sudbury - 705-566-0558
- Kwik Way: 667 Cambrian Heights Drive, Sudbury - 705-586-0850
- Kwik Way: 1465 Bancroft Drive, Sudbury - 705-566-9761
- Lagace's Confectionery: 621 Notre Dame Ave., Sudbury - 705-674-3264
- Marc & Cora Convenience: 2361 Bancroft Dr., Sudbury - 705-586-2011
- Melvin's Variety: 400 Melvin Ave., Sudbury - 705-671-2751
- Real Canadian Superstore: 1485 Lasalle Blvd., Sudbury - 705-560-4961
- Regent One Stop Variety: 663 Regent St., Sudbury - 705-586-3320
- Shoppers Drug Mart - Plaza 69: 1935 Paris St., Sudbury - 705-522-2121
- Spruce Street Pinto: 59 Eyre St., Sudbury - 705-675-7535
Lively / Naughton / Whitefish
We are looking for retailers in this area to sell bag tags in their stores. Please contact 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
How to use a garbage bag tag
Make sure the garbage is in an approved garbage bag, approved bundle or approved garbage can.
Using a bag tag on a garbage bag
- Secure to the top of the garbage bag.
- Secure the bag tag around the neck of the bag. Do not use tags as a twist tie.
- Make sure the full tag can be seen.
Using a bag tag on a garbage can
- Do not place the bag tag on the garbage can itself.
- Place the tag on the top bag inside the garbage can.
- Make sure the tag will be clearly visible when the collector removes the lid.
- You only need one tag on the top bag for the entire container to be collected as long as it weighs less than 18 kilograms/40 pounds.
Using a bag tag on a garbage bundle
- Bundles must be securely tied (e.g. with string/ twine).
- Attach the tag to the string/twine so that it is easily visible.
- One tag per bundle is required.
- Make sure the full tag can be seen.
- Do not use white, clear or grocery/retail bags.
- Garbage bag tags cannot be used for garbage that does not fit in a front-end garbage container.
- Do not use tags for recycling, hazardous waste or leaf and yard trimmings.
- We will not accept garbage with torn tags.
- You must bring garbage that can’t be bagged, placed in an approved garbage can, or properly bundled to the landfill.
How to use a Residential Garbage Tag info sheet (PDF, 288 KB)