COVID-19 Update – July 16, 2021
|As of Friday, July 16, Greater Sudbury will enter step three of the Province’s Roadmap to Reopen. The roadmap outlines a three-step plan to safely and gradually ease public health measures and reopen the province.
The front counter at the Recycling Centre is open Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to noon for the purchase of backyard composters, kitchen collectors and Big Blues.
Blue boxes and green carts will continue to be available for home delivery by placing an order through the Waste Wise app, online at www.greatersudbury.ca/wastewise or by contacting 311 by phone or Live Web Chat (311.greatersudbury.ca).
The Reuse Center at the Sudbury Landfill is open. The Household Hazardous Waste Depot will reopen for scheduled drop-off days beginning July 10. The schedule for drop-off days can be accessed through Waste Wise or by contacting 311. The Toxic Taxi will continue to operate for contactless home collection of residential household hazardous waste. To make an appointment, residents can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-560-9019.
Landfill sites remain open with limited capacity. Reuse centres at landfill sites are closed. Residents should be prepared for longer than usual wait times. The City has set up a live camera at the Sudbury landfill site so that residents can see how busy it is before they make the trip. The live feed is available at www.greatersudbury.ca/landfill-livestream.
Confused about what belongs in the garbage, recycling or green cart? Check out our Waste Wise tool – it will help you put it where it belongs!
Learn what to do with furniture and large appliances.
Find out what to do with electronic waste.
- Get information on the Green Cart organic collection program.
- Get information on the Leaf & Yard Trimmings collection program.
- Get information on the Blue Box Recycling collection program.
- The City of Greater Sudbury collects roadside garbage for homes or residential buildings with six units or less.
- We do not collect garbage for industrial, commercial or institutional sector businesses that produce large quantities of garbage. Please contact a private waste collection company.
- If you are a non-residential unit (hair salon, church, small store etc.) that produces less than three bags of garbage per week check out our Yellow Bag Program.
- We only collect garbage from multi-unit residences if there is an agreement in place and an annual fee is paid.