Nodes and Corridors Strategy
The Strategy prioritizes study areas to help guide investment and intensification within the community. It is meant to revitalize and better connect our Downtown, the Town Centres, strategic core areas and corridors of the City. The Strategy will help knit together land use, zoning, urban design and transportation planning to create a greater sense of place and to design a more complete street conducive to travel by multiple modes.
Since the endorsement of the Strategy in 2016, the City has:
- Adopted the framework of the Strategy in the official plan via Phase One of the Official Plan Review
- Completed a Transit Action Plan
- Adopted a new Development Charges By-law that provides rebates in the Nodes and Corridors
- Completed the LaSalle Boulevard Corridor Plan and Strategy, including Official Plan Amendment 102 and the implementing zoning by-law
- Completed the construction of Capreol’s Downtown Waterfront
- Completed the Chelmsford Town Centre Community Improvement Plan Whitson River Trail and
- Adopted a Strategic Core Areas Community Improvement Plan
Phase 2 of the Nodes and Corridors Strategy
City staff is currently studying the remaining corridors and will return in early 2023 with recommendations regarding new Official Plan land use designations along the corridors.
The work relating to the zoning by-law would occur in a separate phase, likely on a corridor-by-corridor basis beginning in 2023.