Applications for 2022 Elderly Property Tax Assistance Credit
Dec 5, 2022
Residents are reminded that the deadline to apply for the 2022 Elderly Property Tax Assistance Credit is December 31, 2022.
The Elderly Property Tax Assistance Credit is a special tax credit available for some senior citizens who own their own home. To qualify, the resident or spouse must:
- Be receiving the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) from the federal government. To verify if you receive the GIS, please visit Service Canada at 19 Lisgar St. (Federal building) or call 1-800-277-9914.
- Be a resident of the City of Greater Sudbury.
- Be at least 65 years of age by December 31, 2022.
- Be assessed as the owner of residential property for the entire current year.
- Occupy a single-family dwelling unit in the City of Greater Sudbury on which municipal taxes are paid.
Taxpayers are required to apply for this rebate annually. The rebate is issued to qualified taxpayers in the form of a cheque.
For more information and to apply, residents can contact 311 by phone or Live Web Chat (311.greatersudbury.ca)., visit One-Stop Services on the main floor of Tom Davies Square, or visit any Citizen Service Centre.
For details on eligibility for tax rebates and credits, visit www.greatersudbury.ca/taxes or call 311.