Applications for 2020 Elderly Tax Credit
Dec 9, 2020
The deadline to apply for the Elderly Tax Credit is December 31, 2020.
To qualify for the Elderly Tax Credit the resident or spouse must meet the following criteria:
- Be receiving the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) from the Federal Government. To verify if you receive the GIS, please visit Service Canada at 19 Lisgar St. (Federal building) or call 1-800-277-9914.
- Be a resident of the City of Greater Sudbury.
- Be at least 65 years of age by December 31, 2020.
- Be assessed as the owner of residential property for the entire current year.
- Occupy a single family dwelling unit in the City of Greater Sudbury on which municipal taxes are paid.
The rebate is issued to qualified taxpayers in the form of a cheque. Taxpayers are required to apply for this rebate annually.
For details on eligibility for tax rebates and credits, visit www.greatersudbury.ca/taxes or call 311.